gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My old(ish) ride
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My old(ish) ride  (Read 1003 times)

SaMAlex

My old(ish) ride
« on: April 06, 2011, 11:53 AM »

I got a new bike a few months ago (an AFT) but I was lucky enough to build it with pretty much ALL new parts. The only bits I took off my old LAF were the wheels, the brakes, the seat and the pegs, so the old bike remained almost built up. I had a rear wheel I used to run on this bike, and also a big padded seat that was on it once. All I had to get was a front wheel and put a rear brake on it, and it’d be rollin’. Since I wasn’t using a front brake I swapped my brake mount pitchfork XLTs with Kev S for the exact same forks without mounts (thanks Kev). Now Im ready to hit the trails, Track, or just do some skids on the way to the shops and not worry too much about locking the bike up outside. Its even still got the bars with the big dent in them from a head-on crash at the Brighton Old Fools trip.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: My old(ish) ride
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:57 AM »
Lovely.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:14 PM »
That does look nice  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

JT71

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 03:57 PM »
WHAT A SHOW OFF! his spare bike is better than a lot people's main bike!

:LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Its all VERY well used. The Profile cranks are about 15 years old. They are pre LHD, ive been running them on the wrong side the whole time. The frame is a very first LAF, it had big dropouts (that I cut down) and was pre bolt on gyro tabs (it was back when they came with chainstay brake mounts). The pedals are the old 101s without knerling. Even the seatpost has been on about 3 frames before this one.

It still rides Lovely. Ive just been out on it. Wallrides and skids all OVER the place on the way back from the pub  :daumenhoch:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:11 AM »
the bike is looking good :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

good to see my old forks being used too, your old brake mount xlts are being collected from the powdercoaters today so i should have them all stickered up and fitted by next week

will post pics when i get em done :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 10:16 AM »
I wasnt too sure about getting rid of my old forks. Brake mount forks are kinda hard to find, esp XLT Pitchforks (I think they made one set). But now Im happy you've got them and are going to use them. Not point them being sat in my shed.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 11:12 AM »
id never seen a set of brake mount xlt's till u and glen mentioned u had some, cheers again for doing the swap :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 11:17 AM »
The ones me and Glen have got are the new, tapered leg XLTs. I got brake mounts put on them as a custom order.
The ones you have are the old, straight leg XLTs. A few years ago when they were first out I called up S&M to get some and they had ONE set on the shelf with brake mounts on them. So you might have the only set! (Actually, I think 2Bob has got a set too, from a custom order)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:21 AM by S&MAlex »

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 11:29 AM »
cool i knew u and glen had tapered xlt's with brake mounts but didnt realise your ones could be the only brake mount xlt's out there :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 11:35 AM »
S&M didnt even know why they made them. They were like "who'd want a front brake?". It might have been a custom order that never collected, but I like to think they made them for me and didnt even know it! haha

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  My old(ish) ride

gfxgfx
gfx gfx