gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 11:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  REPRO ALLOY FLANGE TUFF II's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: REPRO ALLOY FLANGE TUFF II's  (Read 4011 times)

ColoredTuffs.com

Re: REPRO ALLOY FLANGE TUFF II's
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 02:48 AM »
Skyway had 6 of the rivet machines at the factory.  Ken Coster, president of Skyway, has been taking parts off of broken rivet machines over the past few months and was able to build up a machine that worked.  He made 40 sets using NOS 1982 flanges.  20 in white, 20 in black.  I haven't advertised these at all- only posted a mention of it on the Skyway Facebook page, and now here.
 Ken and Skyway have plans for a special 50th Anniversary Tuff Wheel set that has never been seen before, Yes, Skyway turns 50 in 2 more years.
 As far as the Tuff Wheels being "limited".  Yes, they are.  We do make them in small batches, and when we sell out, sometimes we can make more if there is nylon pigment still available.  Red is gone, and we haven't had those in a couple of years now.  All in all, we've made a very low number.  Especially if you consider that MILLIONS of them were made in the 80's.

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 02:50 AM »
Non Flange Tuffs = $86 Pair / Alloy Flange Tuffs = $199 Pair ?

Alloy flanges = $113 ?

No... most of that price increase is due to the cost of getting a rivet maching up, and for having the president of the company make the wheels himself on weekends.  This was actually no small feat to get done....

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 02:53 AM »
"he only made a few sets"......"a handfull"

So define the quantity ??    10 sets / 100 sets / 1000 sets     :2funny: :2funny:

These will sell out quick!  Get a set while you can! We're only selling 10 sets of each color!!

The listing says 10 of each colour will be available but that might be a cunning stunt to create a sales frenzy...   ^"^

There was 10 in stock this morning - there are still 10 in stock according to the site.  I can't believe Cletus and his U.S. mates haven't bought a set yet.

i guess you could interpret that as planetbmx is only selling 10 of each , not that skyway is making 10 of each  ::)

Ken made 40 sets total.  Then he shipped them all out to me.  I'm keeping some for personal bikes, so less than 40 will be out there.

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 02:55 AM »
Mmmm, limited number red Skyways, 25 only...    now 50 only ltd ed...

4-5 years later?  still making them.   ::)

Tossers.

We made 200 total in red.  Red has been sold out for about 2 years now.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26 AM »
hi Ed,

Any updates on the Skyway Cruiser?

Also, can you get your hands on on of the GHP Retro Cruisers ??

Cheers
Matt
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 08:01 AM »
"he only made a few sets"......"a handfull"

So define the quantity ??    10 sets / 100 sets / 1000 sets     :2funny: :2funny:

Exactly , bang on the money there

Supply and demand  :daumenhoch:

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 05:05 PM »
Just got the wheels in.  There is a date stamp molded in the wheel (Dated Feb 18th, 2011), just like the modern Tuff Wheels.

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 05:13 PM »
Just got the wheels in.  There is a date stamp molded in the wheel (Dated Feb 18th, 2011), just like the modern Tuff Wheels.

id love some but shipping costs are high and the sting from import charges make them very costly to uk buyers ed. can you send some as a gift  :LolLolLolLol: only joking

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  REPRO ALLOY FLANGE TUFF II's

gfxgfx
gfx gfx