gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  harrow skatepark ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: harrow skatepark ?  (Read 2141 times)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
harrow skatepark ?
« on: March 04, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Have they dug out the performance bowl yet ?or will they ever ?

xGoose

Re: harrow skatepark ?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:34 PM »
Last time I was there which was a good few years ago theyd dug out the blue tiled swimming pool and the peanut shaped bowl next to the b0ll0x ramp. The only bowl that I never saw dug out was that teardrop shaped one that used to have a wall, is that the performance bowl?  ???

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:22 PM »
Yes, we tried a few times to dig it out but the council kept filling it back in. the trannys are shagged from where they knocked the walls in as well.
theyve got a really good hipped spine mini built by fearless ramps there now.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:26 AM by biggeorge »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 10:50 AM »
Who's up for a Rad invasion then? It's a great old park with lots of history......old school friendly as well.  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 12:28 PM »
Last time I was there which was a good few years ago theyd dug out the blue tiled swimming pool and the peanut shaped bowl next to the b0ll0x ramp. The only bowl that I never saw dug out was that teardrop shaped one that used to have a wall, is that the performance bowl?  ???

Rumour has it they [the council] won't allow a dig out of the Performance Bowl as they think it's too much of an insurance liability.

Edit to correct my error with the Classic Pool  :-[
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:27 PM by MartyC »

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 01:50 PM »
The blue tiled swimming pool was dug out in the mid 90's by Ray and Gary who were running new deals skates in the metal hut, they bunged a digger driver who was working on the new housing estate to work his lunch break in the pool. we all chipped in with the digging when he wasnt there. they also spent a lot of their own dosh repairing the pool and the coping.
We all got together and dug the peanut out years later after new deal had gone. dont think the performance will ever be done.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 02:26 PM »
The blue tiled swimming pool was dug out in the mid 90's by Ray and Gary who were running new deals skates in the metal hut, they bunged a digger driver who was working on the new housing estate to work his lunch break in the pool. we all chipped in with the digging when he wasnt there. they also spent a lot of their own dosh repairing the pool and the coping.
We all got together and dug the peanut out years later after new deal had gone. dont think the performance will ever be done.

I don't remember the classic being filled in although I didn't go there between 89 and about 97  :-\, I'll change me post  :-[

Better to crash and burn than fade away

xGoose

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 02:45 PM »

I remember that phase of Harrow with new deal although as a nipper I was riding there years before that. I remember when new deal came along I went through a weird skateboarding / bmx / bauer quad skate thing where we were all just riding whatever our mates were riding. First was quads, then a Diamondback silverstreak, then I bought a new deal mini board and some nude eel wheels from new deal ;) but I could never ever get along with a skateboard! (memories of pot noodles and Nemesis on the arcade machine  :4_17_5:)

Going way back before the days of new deal at Harrow, anyone remember 'popping out'? There was a tag on the b0ll0x that said 'Donk' all the older riders used to shout 'popping out donk' when they were just going for a jump out of that bowl and me and my young bro used to copy them, cranking like mad and just don't think about the landing. I'll always remember that! ;)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 02:55 PM »
token Harrow pic... I only ever skated there  :(

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

xGoose

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 02:58 PM »
Like!  ;) Cheers ED209

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 03:49 PM »
 :) Was my local park growing up,will have to pay a visit when I`m back in London this summer:)
Where you from X600SE? I remember "Donk" sprayed on The Bollocks and riders Rodney Allen,Mat Bain & TC doing 360s out of the snake run and over the fence:)

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 03:59 PM »
I spoke to Rodney the other day, still lives near the park, hes doing well for himself and stillg ot his bmxs. Absolute top man.

xGoose

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 04:18 PM »
:) Was my local park growing up,will have to pay a visit when I`m back in London this summer:)
Where you from X600SE? I remember "Donk" sprayed on The Bollocks and riders Rodney Allen,Mat Bain & TC doing 360s out of the snake run and over the fence:)

I was in Kenton, used to go to Harrow all the time growing up, I remember the 360s over the fence, working the bowls. I always remember back in about 84 / 85 loads of older riders on the halfpipe, some of them guys were getting some massive airs, we were young as though back then and just used to watch. I remember one black guy who used to get more air than anyone, never knew who he was though. All vague memories now! ;)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:22 PM by x600se »

Offline Biggeorge

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 04:44 PM »
That's probably Rodney. No one rode the halfpipe like he did!

xGoose

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 04:50 PM »
That's probably Rodney. No one rode the halfpipe like he did!

Cool!  :daumenhoch: Nothing brings back more childhood memories than that place. I'd love to hit it again one day but overseas now, well pleased its still there though after the amount of times its been threatened with closure. ;)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 09:38 AM »
We should have a Harrow Bike day and Rad should be invloved much like they did for Rom ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  harrow skatepark ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx