gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 08:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  dyeing a padset
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dyeing a padset  (Read 844 times)

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
dyeing a padset
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:55 PM »
i wanna dye a yellow nylon padset to black, will this ruin the print on it. the print is blue white and red, also can the foam be dyed too. cheers

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: dyeing a padset
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:20 PM »
Hi mate - I dyed a faded black pad set back to black

the pad set on one side had turn faded brown
the print was white writing
i only dyed the covers not the pads

I used dylon mp dyes - one tin  - boiling water in a plastic tub/washing up bowl, that would hold hot water
I left it for about half an hour to soak with a stir once in a while
The print turn grey straight away and soaked the colour up - the brown turned back to black and a solid black
I didn't mind them turning grey as they matched the grips

you can turn pad sets back to the right colour BUT it will turn print colours around and may not be what you are looking for - then it will have to be a repro set
you can try it and see if it works - nothing to loose unless it's too valuable to change

hope this helps - cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: dyeing a padset
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 01:33 AM »
cheers mate, think i'll give it a go. yellow just don't look right but i tried a plain black set on my build and it looked better. gonna scan the print first just incase it goes tits up. unless someone wants to swap a set of original yellow ammaco pads for black one's. i won't hold my breath tho

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  dyeing a padset

gfxgfx
gfx gfx