gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 03:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  new bike ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new bike ??  (Read 2524 times)

acky

new bike ??
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:55 PM »
at christmas i bought my daughter a second hand gt el centro, she loves it (me too  ;D)
id like to up grade it, but dont know which way to go.

I have chance of almost brand new gt fueler, last years model 200 quid. or was thinking before i got offered this. Was new forks helium and a colony frame.

dliema  :-\

JT71

Re: new bike ??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:20 PM »
the frame and forks route.

those helium forks, man they are light! I shifted a pile of boxes of those forks in the liferbmx shop (making room for an airbed, but that's a different story) and assumed it was a pile of empty fork boxes, but not so, there was a set of forks in every one...they're THAT light!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:28 PM by JT71 »

acky

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:42 PM »
So are'nt GT'S that good anymote ??

i was thinking about starting off with those helium forks, i thought they were pretty smart too

JT71

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:55 PM »
I agree with the punk.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 08:58 PM »
Colony stuff rocks!!!  go for that over the GT any day  :daumenhoch:

acky

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 07:35 AM »

JT71

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 07:54 AM »
is it this bike?

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=11591

or it the rasta coloured one? which is actually more minging than the white one, lol.

now, paint work aside, that looks not bad for £200.00

micro gearing, cassette hub, sealed bearings, chromo, I might revise my advice, for £200 the GT looks good. Get the helium forks too! lol.

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:27 AM »
Depends on the model, but colony is very good!  I dont see any info about the GT el centro.
For years GT has been pretty crap, but their current top end stuff looks decent
http://www.gtbicycles.com/gbr/bikes/bmx/street/2011-calafia-twilight-blue
I would personally go for the colony frame

as a old school gt lover glen is rite gt has been shite since 02 when they got bought out by pacific  but finaly there geting there shit together i think so they can compete with all the other markets and the best thing is halfords wont be able to sell gt bikes soon HOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUUUUUKIN RAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

But iwould still go with colony  :daumenhoch:

acky

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 12:34 PM »
i, its the white one.

if money was no object  id get the frame and forks, just that id have to pilage the El centro
for bits then id have a frame & forks that i might not be able to sell  ::) but been tight i think ill go for the
full bike & sell the old one.

Cheers for comments

JT71

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 01:27 PM »
i, its the white one.

if money was no object  id get the frame and forks, just that id have to pilage the El centro
for bits then id have a frame & forks that i might not be able to sell  ::) but been tight i think ill go for the
full bike & sell the old one.

Cheers for comments

the colony frame and helium forks would be a better frame/fork combo, but for a complete bike, with the parts it has, the GT is good for £200. 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  new bike ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx