gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975754 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 17, 2024, 03:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  GT Compe 2011? A decent BMX?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GT Compe 2011? A decent BMX?  (Read 3156 times)

Simplicating

GT Compe 2011? A decent BMX?
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:09 PM »
Im thinking of finally moving onto the new school BMX's but haven't got a very high budget. I found this one and is in the £200-£300 region. I was wondering if its any good. I cant really do any tricks and was also wondering if its an 'easy bike' for beginners. Many thanks, Dylan.

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: GT Compe 2011? A decent BMX?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:29 PM »
Its a fairly decent kids bike, but you'd be better off with a second hand ebay buy, loads to go for.

You might look at Chainreaction for an `out of date' model, Calling the Radshop is also a capital choice,

Look in the forsale section, Pickle had a nice retro looking GT performer mid week for £50, needed wheels and cranks, could be rolling for £150 ish!! (don't know if its for sale still though)

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=121944.0

Happy hunting
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:37 PM by munnyella »
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Simplicating

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 05:00 PM »
I am a kid  xD. But yeah I like the look of that Gt performer.. aren't they heavy though?

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 05:10 PM »
I have a very similar (but older) one to Pickles, i'd guess at about 27-28lb weight, mine isn't a performer, its a 2004 bump, trimoly, I'd imagine the performer to be lighter as it was a bit further up the quality ladder!!

I would be expecting the compe to be around the same weight.

I know where my money would be.....
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:53 PM »
Gather all your pennies, phone Dave at the RAD shop and ask him for a WeThePeople Justice.  All the bike you need.

Speak nicely to him and mention my name, you might score yourself a little deal   :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 08:01 PM »
 :) Best avoided,very short (19.75tt) and all hi-ten.Look to see what`s available from CRC or buy used. :daumenhoch:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 12:21 AM »
I bought a cheapy GT from Halfords a while back to ride about on with my daughter.  I decided it needed a coaster brake, then had to get a new rear rim to suit etc etc.
I weighs a ton though. I had a bit of a ride round on my old school bike and liked it more as well.
Think I would have been better off getting something scondhand. Seen a few on ebay for a reasonable price since, better not let the other half know though as she told me not to buy it ! ::)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 07:11 AM »
Gather all your pennies, phone Dave at the RAD shop and ask him for a WeThePeople Justice.  All the bike you need.

Speak nicely to him and mention my name, you might score yourself a little deal   :daumenhoch:

What he says  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 08:27 AM »

What he says  :daumenhoch:

Hell yeah, forget the GT dude. Good little bike, but short... oh, and not cool at the park.

Have a look at the United RN2 or WeThePeople Justice - I can do you a deal on either. Cracking little bikes, light, pivotal seat, micro gearing - no need to upgrade anything!

Sweet

Simplicating

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Ill have a better think about it then . Need to save up more moneys to buy either of them bikes =)
Just that I found that Gt Compe Brand new for £170 xD. Probs be about 10 weeks before I can buy one then :) Thanks guys (Ill probs go for a WTP ;) )

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Save up and buy the right bike buddy, you won't regret it. That GT isn't going to do it for you, trust me.

It's cheap for a reason  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  GT Compe 2011? A decent BMX?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx