gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  headset issue !!!!! help !!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: headset issue !!!!! help !!!!!!  (Read 703 times)

Offline Tonto

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
headset issue !!!!! help !!!!!!
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:00 PM »
headset issue !! right ive got a 95 haro sport diet that is in the midst of surgery and i got me self a 1" headset and gyro but they dont bloody fit !!
the cups fit the frame but the forks are too big hence cones washers and nut doesnt fit ( to small) would this suggest i need 1" 1/8 ?? if so where can i find that size threaded headset as i cant find any on the bay  :tickedoff:  :tickedoff: or am i completely wrong about this , any help would b great  :daumenhoch: oh the forks are mega forks with the half moons cut out of them for the pegs to fit they should b right as i had them on the one i brought new as a boy

Offline Tonto

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: headset issue !!!!! help !!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:34 PM »
aha the headset i got was an oddy dynatron  ill have a measure up of the forks again im pretty sure it was just over an inch  :daumenhoch: cheers glenn  oh oh the gyro plate was the same size too i got a gyro 2 are they for the minis ?? i new id got outa touch but somin this simple  :tickedoff: lol
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:37 PM by khebeater »

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:09 PM »
The dynatrons are the right size but they are a little different again. I remember having a little trouble putting one on my last race bike because it wasn't quite what i expected. Think i had got mixed up with something, i sussed it in the end though but i remember thinking, "that's not quite the same as a normal bmx headset even though the size is correct.
(Could have been me just been a nugget though :D)

Offline Tonto

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 06:06 PM »
The dynatrons are the right size but they are a little different again. I remember having a little trouble putting one on my last race bike because it wasn't quite what i expected. Think i had got mixed up with something, i sussed it in the end though but i remember thinking, "that's not quite the same as a normal bmx headset even though the size is correct.
(Could have been me just been a nugget though :D)

none of the parts fit over the fork thread and the top nut is far too small i will get the fork diameter on here tomoro to try and get to the bottom of this  :daumenhoch: im in harlow robbo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  headset issue !!!!! help !!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx