gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ALANS DIA COMPE MX1000S
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ALANS DIA COMPE MX1000S  (Read 718 times)

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
ALANS DIA COMPE MX1000S
« on: February 28, 2011, 12:58 PM »
Been on the Alans bmx site and he has the re issue Mx1000s for £20.00 . Has anybody brought these and if so are they the same as the old ones but with a newer date stamp ? Cheers

JT71

Re: ALANS DIA COMPE MX1000S
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:15 PM »
they're shin pads aren't they?  :daumenhoch:

oh my mistake it's a record bag......
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 01:17 PM by JT71 »

Chinadog

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 01:22 PM »
No, the arms aren't made on the same tooling and the quick reliese lever is totally different :(

Maybe ok for a rider at £20?

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 01:29 PM »
they're shin pads aren't they?  :daumenhoch:

oh my mistake it's a record bag......

"Alans BMX"? I heard they closed down in the 90s?  :-\

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:07 PM »
No, the arms aren't made on the same tooling and the quick reliese lever is totally different :(

Maybe ok for a rider at £20?

Thanks mate it was hard to tell in the picture . Don't know what the other two answers mean  :idiot2:

Threaders

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 06:17 PM »
I got a set of two blue ones about a month ago. They dont have the ingraved mx logo, its just a decal and  the red dia compe decal isnt the same as the old ones. I will post pics tomorrow. Basicaly you can tell the difference but for the price you cant really get much better although ive seen some blue 901's go on here for 40 quid a pair, so might be better waiting.

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 06:56 PM »
I got a set of two blue ones about a month ago. They dont have the ingraved mx logo, its just a decal and  the red dia compe decal isnt the same as the old ones. I will post pics tomorrow. Basicaly you can tell the difference but for the price you cant really get much better although ive seen some blue 901's go on here for 40 quid a pair, so might be better waiting.

That would be cool if you could get a decent picture up.  Only wanted for a rider so i don't damage my originals but would be nice if they looked age related with the bike.

Threaders

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 10:33 AM »

These are the ones I got from Allans. Not to bad, I have some earlier copies on one of my other builds, which I prefer as they have the ingraved mx logo and I was able to restore them in green with repo decals. Its the blue anno finish that I found really hard to come by and is a finish that I cant do, so these have been pretty cool and im not going to worry about getting these scratched on a rider.

Offline SE MARK

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Thanks for that . They don't look to bad really and for £20 its not that expensive and being dia comp they should work better than the cheap make mx copys. Its a shame they wasn't exactly the same as originals but thats why they are cheap i suppose.  :daumenhoch:

ozone

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 11:08 AM »
I'm amazed Dia-Compe would put their name to a half-assed effort like that.   :(  At least some of the snides had a proper MX logo - the Nippon adjusters are a decent compromise but the pads and QR are hideous...

The locknut behind the domed nut was always a larger diameter and hid the naff washer behind it but those new ones use the same size nuts which looks wrong and seems like another cop-out.   ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  ALANS DIA COMPE MX1000S

gfxgfx
gfx gfx