gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 12:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Kink Cielencki with a bunch of S&M and Basic Bikes stuff....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kink Cielencki with a bunch of S&M and Basic Bikes stuff....  (Read 1143 times)

Dr.Robotnik

I found pictures of my old Kink Cielencki today...think I got it in 1999 or 2000 not sure as I didn't label my photo albums well, but it has all my old bits from my Basic from 1996/1997 on it (apart from the 30T chain ring and 11T driver).

Kink Cielencki frame V1 20.5" TT USA BB 1 1/8" head tube
Basic Bike Co. Forks with 990 mounts
Basic Bike Co stem
Basic Silencer pegs
Bog standard Diacompe headset
Graveyard Wheelset Chrome Suzue high flange front to Sun BFR rims / Original Nankai freecoaster to Sun BFR rim on the rear 11T driver
GT pedals looseball DX
ODI Long neck grips
Some rusty KMC chain
Animal V1 30T chain ring
S&M castillo bars
S&M Piece of Pipe seat post
Home made seat
Snafu tires
DK seat clamp 2 piece
Profile 180 mm chrome cranks

Can't believe I still have all this stuff.except one GT pedal and the seat post Even though the frame is cracked in three places.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:12 PM by Dr.Robotnik »

SaMAlex

Re: Kink Cielencki with a bunch of S&M and Basic Bikes stuff....
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 09:00 PM »
NICE! Bikes were so ..... RAW then, eh?

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Lovin' that  :daumenhoch: made Me have a flashback to when bikes just looked so much more hardcore!
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:39 PM »
very solid late 90s weapon of choice.   :daumenhoch:

gobshite

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 01:58 PM »
important frame that to be honest!

that and the fit series 1/t1 progression started the return to lighter simpler frame designs,
imo of course,

nice bike :smitten:

thecaptain

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 05:56 PM »
is it odd that i'd rather ride the ghetto ramp setup than that bike? haha (mainly cos i need brakes)

scott250

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 11:00 PM »
Love that home made 1/2 pipe, did it ride ok? its great that we have all these new parks all over the place, but still no feeling in the world better than building your own ramp or trails and riding them with friends, that to me is BMX.

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 07:53 PM »
If you liked the rawness of this you'll enjoy the Standard TRLS250 I'll put up this weekend. Just imagine even smaller bars and a bike that's had a date with an angle grinder hahaha.

I'll try and post pics of the Kink frame now too. It definitely met its maker.

I'll build the T1 Progression up some time too I suppose, but I want that to be half decent and I have no stem at the moment.

Re: the ramp, it was free and took a few days to put together with scraps and the neighbours tools, we had an equally ghetto flat bank roll in on the other side with a metal bed stead sub rail, no pics of that though. This ramp was held together with dreams and luck.

It rode like any fifty pence ramp ever did, unpredictable and exciting.

Best moves had to be (not just me), drop in off the one brick wide wall (super thin) wall while blind drunk, brakeless nose pick, going OTB over the wall and the double peg to collapsed sub rail take down. It was only around for a summer and we had the front room 3 piece suite in the garden all that time. Good times.

I've had a ghetto ramp in every house I've lived in except this one, I need to christen it this summer.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:56 PM by Dr.Robotnik »

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Hey Dr

If you're still in Shottm try Bmxcity in grantham for a stem.

Dan who works there has got loads of Mid skool gems in the warehouse that he just wants rid of, so keen prices.

I've had loads of mid stuff from there especially for my Holmes (half the stuff on it is from there)

Keep the faith, RIP broady banks. L

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Hey Dr

If you're still in Shottm try Bmxcity in grantham for a stem.

Dan who works there has got loads of Mid skool gems in the warehouse that he just wants rid of, so keen prices.

I've had loads of mid stuff from there especially for my Holmes (half the stuff on it is from there)

Keep the faith, RIP broady banks. L

I hope you're not suggesting I spend money? I'm tighter than a ducks butt me. i have the right amount of stems for the bikes just not all here. Also I read a book on the freeconomy the other day and kind of want to sell all my stuff...I think I'm becoming a hippy you know.

My normal Odyssey Elementary stem is being machined in the US and currently am running the stem for the Progression on my new school bike, just have to wait for the US guy to get me my stem back. It looks odd to run a Macneil Miron these days but I always have had an old stem for some reason...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Kink Cielencki with a bunch of S&M and Basic Bikes stuff....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx