gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 04:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RADBMX Pricing Police
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: RADBMX Pricing Police  (Read 2953 times)

youngy

RADBMX Pricing Police
« on: February 20, 2011, 11:43 PM »
Lovely seat mate , but top dollar in the current climate ...
[/quote

Feel a bit miffed and having a bit of a rant :rant: But why is is that people feel the need to comment in Sale threads on the price being asked? Its not the first time and I find it out of order and can quite understand why a lot of members see fit to go straight to ebay rather than list much sought after parts on here. I purchase a Site Supporter tag for the priveldge to buy and sell items when required, and its quite obvious that non payers still buy stuff via PM, not quibbling about that would pay it to support the site anyways, but what annoys is when someone feels the need to make comment. If they feel the price is Top Dollar then walk away like i do and most members do or open a thread in the correct section of the forum and let everyone discuss the prices being asked by ALL members.  Failing that a private PM. I'm all for free speech but in the right place.
Moderators why do we allow this type of posting in Sale threads? Surely they should be removed and members who do this be asked not to express their opinions in future, end of rant. :daumenhoch: I love this site but things like this tend to piss me off.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: RADBMX Pricing Police
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:10 AM »
We've been over this subject many times in the past, not just the pricing content but peoples comments in for sale in general. It's very hard to police and different members of the moderator team have different opinions as to what constitutes a no-no so unless a particular post is reported or comes to our attention we tend to say crack on.

monkian

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:17 AM »
It's a tricky one but I agree with you G. A simple PM and keeping the thread clean would be the best way to go about it.
At the end of the day if a price is too far out it won't sell so it'll be down to the seller to review it or put it on the bay etc.

I wouldn't like to think there's any real malice in the majority of the comments. It could be, rightly or wrongly, a genuine effort to help.
When it's clearly a piss take, now that's a different story ;D :2gunsfiring_v1:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:23 AM by monkian »

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 01:11 AM »
It amazes me the price of seats at the mo - got about four rides that need good seats but i could spend over £500 just in seats  ???

the prices are rising and rising - see the USA for some sky high prices  ::)

yes peeps want good money but it's starting to kill the scene and certainly the love

so yes i can see when peeps seem to think it is high - saying in a thread may be some times rude or thought that by the seller ! but what are we to do just watch it all go up in price till only royal shakes can pay the asking price ?

we don't all have a banks of money to throw at builds - some of us broke MF's do it cos we love BMX  ;)

being too rude or taking the piss on a sale thread should be Modded - like all threads

I say don't let BMX sell out again  ;)

cheers B  :P
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

trasher

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:05 AM »
i can see how it pisses people off

but if the priceing is a total piss take then i feel the comments help out guys new to this that otherwise would have jumped in feet first

if you want over the odds top dollar prices ,then ebays the place for that

forum prices tend to be cheaper , like helping radsters out

i,v sold stuff on here ,i could have got double for on ebay ,,,but its less hassle on here

while im on it ,,,,, ebay listing links put in the for sale thread ,,,,,,  dont think they should be aloud ,,, either sell it on here , or ebay and keep your link to yourself  :daumenhoch:

i,v split two bikes recently sold on ebay ,and never posted the links ,,,,,,,( give me a medal)  :LolLolLolLol:

ozone

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 08:59 AM »
Those Kashimax Freestyle seats never make the same sort of money as the Aero or MX seats - i have no idea why.  Maybe that's what the guy was trying to say but a 'For Sale' thread probably isn't the right place for such comments.   :-\   

youngy

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 10:48 AM »
I had already asked for advice on pricing on here in this section before listing ::)
Bendycat, I too do not have e neverending pot of cash to throw at this hobby, i have to sell to buy and having spent £130 on an ELINA LB i was attempting to recoup some cash hence the need to sell either of my red kashi's. I don't set prices I just have to go along with the current market, not too long ago i could buy an elina for £40 or £50 and I happen to believe a Kashi is more popular. But this is my point and why the rant, if the prices are too high then have a go at everyone don't single my thread out as I only react to the market already set by other more established members. I'm certainly not Biaggio :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 11:06 AM »
I'm not having a dig at you mate  ;) - it was as you say the price's in general  - there are some builders that have the money to buy this type of high priced seat - yes it did start of with the ebay kill bmx sellers and now it has spread to all sites - look at the price of a standard Viscount areo seat - used to be £15 now going up to £60 in places

at the end of the day the buyers will tell if it is too high by not buying it - this works with all sorts of parts and bikes - it's just seats and some other items seem to have gone off the stupid end - £300 for a Elina in the USA   :idiot2:

this is not a dig at you mate - i guess it's just like the cost of living, every thing going up for no reason  :tickedoff:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 11:11 AM »
being too rude or taking the piss on a sale thread should be Modded - like all threads

it is, a lot of stuff gets removed.  ;)

youngy

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Not taking as a dig mate, just adding a few bits should have written in the first place :LolLolLolLol:
cheers G

JT71

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 11:39 AM »
If your price is well out it won't sell anyway. and any bitching about the price, slagging off  or whatever, is a free bump. i actively encourage it in my for sale threads.  :daumenhoch:

sid1972

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 11:44 AM »
nice seat - thought the price was good, not seen one for sale in while. I was thinking how I could raise the funds so I was tempted.  ;)

As for comments in thread - jog on I say, rather than comment. You can ask for advice if I require it because sometimes you have no idea of values etc.

:daumenhoch:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 11:47 PM »
if you open a thread of any sort, people can reply. you have the option to lock a thread to stop responses. You can't choose responses, just choose to have them or not.
it's a forum, the clue is in the name. People make comments in my for sale threads, make shit stupid low offers in the thread or by PM. i can't choose who says what, i can't stop then making crap pointless offers. Why should i, it's a forum. it's very communistic to desire to censor what you don't like to hear. Somebody deliberately trying to cause trouble and wind everybody up needs to go elsewhere, but conflicting opinions is what a free society is based on. Man up, stick to your price and don't whine. :Great_Britain:
ding dong

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 11:58 PM »
Graham  :)

Best thing to do bud if you get a comment in your thread you don't like

just hit the delete topic button and post a fresh one  :daumenhoch:

Slight ballache re-doing it , but cleans your ad up again  :)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 12:09 AM »
i'll be honest if i see something that interests me and its to much i just click off the thread  :-\.
cant really see any point whats so ever in putting a comment.
its up to the seller to put up his price.
if somebody has'nt got the common sence to see its to high then thats there silly fault  :idiot2:.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 12:18 AM »
I've always sold stuff too cheap, no one bothers telling me though....  :(
2 minutes turkish...

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 07:31 AM »
If you dont like selling on here sell on ebay
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

JT71

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 07:57 AM »
I've always sold stuff too cheap, no one bothers telling me though....  :(

lol. no funny that eh? and the next week it's back in the for sale section at the right price as your friendly neighbourhood radster makes a fast buck!

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 05:19 PM »
So many people that i agree with here, it did my head in  ;D
If it is over priced someone commenting won't make a difference, it won't sell but it is annoying.
I agree and do what dordy said.
What Diggler says is true.
Betty made me laugh.
Then JT 's toned down comment.....when that happens someone wants  :knuppel2:
Didn't realise you could do what dubber said, if you don't like it though probably just do that.  At least that keeps your thread looking neat for when you realise you have to drop the price in order to sell the item :coolsmiley:

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 06:19 PM »
to be honest. i just ignore them if it happens to me.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  RADBMX Pricing Police

gfxgfx
gfx gfx