gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pictures of my dp freestyler pulled out of the garage after 20ish years !!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pictures of my dp freestyler pulled out of the garage after 20ish years !!!!  (Read 6819 times)

LEERIX

... see below ...  8)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 10:09 PM by ED209º »

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Code cleaned for you

So after help from Ratty & billstup (thanks) i hope i manage to get some pictures of my DP freestyler on here fresh out of garage warts and all, i'm gonna regretfully sell it either on this site (i'm not trying to avoid fee's here i will become a site supporter as required if i go down this road) or the bay of doom (the last f & f i saw there made £311 and that needed work to) mines gonna need blasting or dipping and recoating so do i do that or let the buyer do it i know the finish is a personal thing ......... i'd love to see it back to it's former glory. Do i break it up into bits or pass it on as a complete bike ? ADVICE PLEASE what do you think ?

Shame about the colour it was an 80's neon thing but easily put back to original beauty i hope

Anyone seen these acs mini mountain i think?

Look forward to hearing what youve got to say. LEERIX :uglystupid2:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 06:25 PM by brettypeeps »

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
hi nice to finnally see pics :daumenhoch: but bear in mind site supporters tag is only a tenner,if you break and sell on rad just combine postage job done,but if you go the way of the bay they take 10% of every item then your listing fees then you have paypal fees on top,its a bit of a no brainer,just my opinion  :) :daumenhoch:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Nice bike, is it me or do the bars look bent?

Rodgy1970

Nice bike, is it me or do the bars look bent?

I see what you mean the right side is lower as you look at them, if you use the cross bar as a guide it angles down towards the right too also so the bars aren't straight in the pic but they might still be a little out.

Great survivor pity you need/want to sell it.

LEERIX

I dont think they are bent probably just how the photo's been taken but i'll get the protractor out and check the bars to make sure.

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
cool survivor,shame you got to sell :(

looks mega short even with a layback for some reason?

waza04

sweet...... that seat combo is just lush................  :D

trickydeno

top survivor dp! it would be a shame to sell it on.but if needs must......i'd be seriously interested in the ladder bars for my own dp build  :daumenhoch:

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Would be a shame to split it but as said you will get more for it that way  ;)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
how come the right dropout is an uncut left one? were the later frames made that way?  never noticed it on dp's before,,   

agree with most i think ,  would be a shame to split it.

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
how come the right dropout is an uncut left one? were the later frames made that way?  never noticed it on dp's before,,   

That Im sure is a gl frame,glyn Lewis wanted a few alterations one was feedin cables through tubes and another was redesigned drop outs to accommodate a different coaster brake anchor,but this may be common practice on the last standard frames anyway not 100%  if you look in museum you'll notice on some that have the same d/outs which are gl's :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:

That Im sure is a gl frame,glyn Lewis wanted a few alterations one was feedin cables through tubes and another was redesigned drop outs to accommodate a different coaster brake anchor,but this may be common practice on the last standard frames anyway not 100%  if you look in museum you'll notice on some that have the same d/outs which are gl's :daumenhoch:

x2 to what Ric said... its a GL Plus. See pics of why here.

http://www.dpfirebird.co.uk/#/gl-plus/4532138404

Whilst its a shame to split if you are selling then you will get more that way.

Strip it down and give it all a good clean though eh / polish up the frame / strip back to bare metal or sand down and get some primer on the bars / give the wheels a good scrub / tyres in the dishwasher... etc ...this way you might just catch the resto bug and give up on the idea of selling  :angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Chinadog

i was tempted to sell my dp freestyler a few times while it was waiting for a resto-even the powder coating guy wanted it!!
I'm so glad i kept it though :) If you dont need the cash i'd deffo keep it-those bars will be mega hard to replace if you have a change of heart once it's gone  :'(

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I Wonder how this panned out then,did he sell ? did he keep ?? how's the garden lookin ??  ::) has the missus released thumb ??  ;D anyone know??  :LolLolLolLol:

DINODOG

My mate has just decided too sell his (I sold it him two years ago) sad to see it go....but as you say needs must
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/dp-firebird-freestyler-old-school-bmx-/120701035895?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1c1a57a577

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
seen this already,shame it doesn't have the correct forks :-[

COZZFATHER

anyone know of any chrome dp ladder bars for sale ??  i found last year that my brother has some brand new nos ones in dayglo green still with the price tag on and as they are unused they are staying unused , i have a build on the go needing some chrome ones.

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
anyone know of any chrome dp ladder bars for sale ??  i found last year that my brother has some brand new nos ones in dayglo green still with the price tag on and as they are unused they are staying unused , i have a build on the go needing some chrome ones.

I thought Stevecosta had some but I can't find the thread now... maybe worth a pm  :daumenhoch: not cheap mind  :(
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

Got some green ones that you could strip and chrome  ;)

COZZFATHER

only been a yr since i last logged in  :D  what happened to the above bike ??

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
I had the bars.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pictures of my dp freestyler pulled out of the garage after 20ish years !!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx