gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 12:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  just fitted a euro bb into a usa bb using dmr adaptor on shimano dx cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: just fitted a euro bb into a usa bb using dmr adaptor on shimano dx cranks  (Read 2812 times)

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
right i have these dx cranks which were fitted to an expert size bike and as such had the euro bb all complete i was determined to use these cranks on my ripper but asked about for us bb for the dx cranks and was told no chance unless i spent 150 plus, the euro bb was in nice order and a decent one and steve off here put me on to a euro bb to american bb adapter and it was only 17 quid so i thought that'll do for me , got it installed , really nice cnc bit of kit ,installed easy and flush, but when installed , there was a bit of play in the spindle and the crank arms were very close to the frame on the chainstay area, so out it all came they are a weird spindle with sort of circlips so i moved it up one notch put it all back and this time there was no play , only think i had to do was get a couple of washers to go inside the crank arms just to give it that extra clearance and all was in and i'm well pleased and a fellow rad member steve saved me a long search and a lot of dosh with suggesting the adaptor , so thanks steve  :daumenhoch:, heres a few pics

heres the adaptor DMR wondercups 2

cranks and adaptor

fitted into bb

fitted with eurobb inside

on the bike YEAHHH

and another just for good measure

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Great bit of kit A job well done :daumenhoch:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
cheers mate , yes really easy to install just user error made it twice as hard  :2funny:, nice quality bit of kit, there was no way i wasn't going to fit the dx cranks

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
The Ripper is looking Spot on... I like the Skinny tyres.  The bike looks fast standing still  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
i did exactly the same yeasterday with a set of suntour vx cranks,euro bb in to us adaptor,all suntour stamped,looks magic :smitten:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
thanks bretty and marky its good when you get it all bolted together , i've had the cranks a few weeks just itching to get fitted  :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
chunky bike...  chunky cranks...  looks fast as fook
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

MSMXII

I'm still confused how this sealed euro BB is capable of working with the Shimano threaded spindle? You had mentioned that is was a sealed bearing Kajita, correct?  Where do the bearings ride, in the center portion of the spindle where there is no threads? I'm wanting to do this conversion as well if it uses sealed, replaceable cartridge bearings. I found the same BB, just need the details  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  just fitted a euro bb into a usa bb using dmr adaptor on shimano dx cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx