gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:05 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  3pc crank axle lengths
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 3pc crank axle lengths  (Read 494 times)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
3pc crank axle lengths
« on: February 14, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Not something I've ever had any experience with, but I'm aware there is more than one crank axle length. Or frame width, if you prefer. A friend wants 3pc cranks on his Haro Backtrail X24, to replace the shady 1pc thats on there now, which in turn replaced a looseball generic 3pc that came on the bike.

A regular Profile axle is too short, there's isn't enough axle to allow sufficient spacing for the arms to clear the chainstays.

So I need a longer axle'd crankset.   

Anyone out there care to share some knowledge?

Ayethankyou   :)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: 3pc crank axle lengths
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 09:48 PM »
I think you need the 150mm, or is it 6" with Profile, anyway it needs to be that length.

Is the Haro Backtrail a mountain bike Rob, if it is then it may be the crank arms that need changing as it`s them that have the offset in them on mountain bikes so that they miss the chainstays  :-\
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: 3pc crank axle lengths
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 10:00 PM »
It's a bmx cruiser Bill, an old 90s Nyquist designed one.  The original cranks had a queer old bend in them, they're long gone now.

So Profile do a 150mm axle, and that's longer than a stock freestyle one?  Sounds good to me.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  3pc crank axle lengths

gfxgfx
gfx gfx