gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Kuwi Kz Build ssssSHUSHhhhh almost ready last page
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kuwi Kz Build ssssSHUSHhhhh almost ready last page  (Read 4547 times)

oldskooldayz

Kuwi Kz Build ssssSHUSHhhhh almost ready last page
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:45 AM »
She doesnt know about this one im hiding it  :2funny:  :daumenhoch:

Ok so i thought i would share what im about to start building next with you all and im very excited  :smitten:

Also got some gold wheels somewhere sitting in a corner and a very nice minty gold chainwheel awaiting my collection

Decals will be in the post in a day or two that were coming with the frame  :daumenhoch:

Just need to get myself some gold pedals and a set of bars possible v's but i do have that set of tioga's that i might get dan to powder white

now i have a ukai front wheel on a super smooth suzue hub but need a rear ANYONE ?? now if i do use them should i get them done in gold or black ?? what do you reckon

anyway cant wait for the wife to go to work on monday so i can start  :2funny: then i will sneak it in amongst the others and hope she doesnt notice because if she does  :tickedoff: :knuppel2:

anyways keep watching it will be quick
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:54 AM by oldskooldayz »

B-Boyblue

Re: Kuwi Kz Build ssssSHUSHhhhh
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:02 AM »
That is going to look brilliant in white! Looking forward to seeing it done and with the decals on! Just dont go for the white ones eh :daumenhoch:

Anyways, hope your Miss's dont discovery it! I Love the KZ! :)

griff

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 08:51 AM »
anyway cant wait for the wife to go to work on monday so i can start  :2funny: then i will sneak it in amongst the others and hope she doesnt notice because if she does  :tickedoff: :knuppel2:
;D you've got it bad mate

just showed your thread to mrs griff - she said this is just like when women buy bags and shoes and don't tell us  :D
how many bikes are you hoarding exactly - must be a lot if you're going to hide a whole bike!

are your decals going to be a camouflage design?

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 04:18 PM »
kz's are lush,that will rock!i have one in my stable in black. i remember having to hide bmx parts from the other half too,then i just told her to do one if she didnt like it,she doenst say anything anymore :LolLolLolLol:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

oldskooldayz

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 04:29 PM »
kz's are lush,that will rock!i have one in my stable in black. i remember having to hide bmx parts from the other half too,then i just told her to do one if she didnt like it,she doenst say anything anymore :LolLolLolLol:

Thats a great idea i will have to try that on a nice sunny day  :daumenhoch:  ;D

;D you've got it bad mate

just showed your thread to mrs griff - she said this is just like when women buy bags and shoes and don't tell us  :D
how many bikes are you hoarding exactly - must be a lot if you're going to hide a whole bike!

are your decals going to be a camouflage design?

:LolLolLolLol: i know  :D but i dont have too many builds its all the parts that drive her made i think
when i get a bike and split it then its like everywhere i think she would be a bit happier if i just left them complete  :-\ well maybe
but she was looking at all the completes i do have the other day and i think she was taking note  :(  :LolLolLolLol:

That is going to look brilliant in white! Looking forward to seeing it done and with the decals on! Just dont go for the white ones eh :daumenhoch:

Anyways, hope your Miss's dont discovery it! I Love the KZ! :)

cheers  :daumenhoch: im gonna hide it next to my haro and hope  :shocked: ;D

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 06:45 PM »
You gotta love a Kuwahara, are you getting that painted before you put it together as from your pictures it looks dull as hell..

oldskooldayz

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Dull  :shocked: fook sake it's diamond White  :LolLolLolLol:

Must be the flash on the camera that makes it look dull or you need to turn the brightness up on you screen buddy  ;)

No it won't be painted again the paint that's on it is sweet for me
But it will be haveing a nice buff to clean it all up a little

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 07:05 PM »
must be your photos, look at the picture of the front frame gussett, the finish looks shineless, is it  Ral 9010 powder?

oldskooldayz

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Don't know mate the chap I had this off of said sbd had done the work on it so I took his word for it
In tue flesh its very nice indeed just probably my pictures sometimes using macro and flash makes this look bad
I have noticed thus before when selling something the pictures made it look crap when in reality it was mint

Anyway when o have finished it off I will add new pics and we will see how they look  :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Love KZ1's Joe ,, and I expect your will be no exception ,, the classic early 80's Kuwahara   :smitten:

Are you putting a opc on it ? not those cranks in the pic, I take it  ::)

BTW bin the bint ,, she sounds hard work  :tickedoff:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Love KZ1's Joe ,, and I expect your will be no exception ,, the classic early 80's Kuwahara   :smitten:

Are you putting a opc on it ? not those cranks in the pic, I take it  ::)

BTW bin the bint ,, she sounds hard work  :tickedoff:

Thats why we love em mate if they were easy work we would all be board to fook  :2funny:

As for the Wife  :LolLolLolLol:  :daumenhoch:

No only joking as for the cranks I'm not sure I do have a lovely 1pc I could use but thought that a 3pc might look sweet but again maybe to strong for the look of the bike ?

I will scroll through some pics on the museum and see

Cheers

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 08:06 PM »

Thats why we love em mate if they were easy work we would all be board to fook  :2funny:

Very true  :D  ;)  :LolLolLolLol:

If the opc you've got is old school 80's then its no contest , don't spoil it with modern day cranks

Redline twin pinch ARE good cranks ,, for riding/racing etc :daumenhoch:

not for bunging on Old school showy bikes ,, :angel:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 08:21 PM »

Very true  :D  ;)  :LolLolLolLol:

If the opc you've got is old school 80's then its no contest , don't spoil it with modern day cranks

Redline twin pinch ARE good cranks ,, for riding/racing etc :daumenhoch:

not for bunging on Old school showy bikes ,, :angel:

Very true so i will build it with a 1pc and take a load of pics but ride it with the 3pc as at the end of the day I will be riding it through the summer as with the others  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:55 PM by oldskooldayz »

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this built mate  :daumenhoch:

WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

StellaAtoiz

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Looking great so far Joe :daumenhoch:

Looking forward to seeing this complete :coolsmiley:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 10:36 PM »
Cheers Jase I can't wait to start on it mate I just need
To get them tioga bars powdered by dan if I can find the time to get to him as well on Monday to drop em off

Cheers mate  :daumenhoch:

oldskooldayz

Re: Kuwi Kz Build ssssSHUSHhhhh Updated Page 2
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 04:19 AM »
Well i got in from work at 2am and couldnt resist the temptation of putting some bits together to start it off  >:D

I also found a nice opc to use as hunterdubber suggested  :daumenhoch:

Lovin it so far but it was too late to go searching for the wheels so will leave that for monday

on the wheel note this is the ukai front i have and honestly i dont know anything about these other than names like shinnysides and speedlines n so on
so can you tell me what this one is exactly and i still need a rear if anyone has one

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 09:23 AM »
Lovely that Joe  :daumenhoch:

I do like Norty40 Joff's white Kuwahara so this is a winner for me straight away  :smitten:

The Ukai rim is a "speedline" ,( because of the white pinstripe speedline in the groove following the circumference )

I sold Glen "the gay pensioner "a pair of these wheels minty ,with GOLD Suzue hubs , so they'd be absolutely perfect for this build  8) 8) 8)

Might be worth a pm mate  ;)

ozone

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 09:30 AM »
Should build up nice that.   :daumenhoch:  I'm not too sure about the layback, though - I'm pretty sure the KZ-1 had a straight fluted post fitted.  Gold and silver fluted post would look ace if you went down that route...

trasher

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 10:15 AM »

I do like Norty40 Joff's white Kuwahara so this is a winner for me straight away  :smitten:

The Ukai rim is a "speedline" ,( because of the white pinstripe speedline in the groove following the circumference )

I sold Glen "the gay pensioner "a pair of these wheels minty ,with GOLD Suzue hubs , so they'd be absolutely perfect for this build  8) 8) 8)

they were nice chris ,,,, but have sadly been sold on to torker dude ,a few months ago      :-\

oldskooldayz

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 01:48 PM »

cheers mate im gonna take a peak at norty40's now to see how his is n hope is not to much the same
also thanks for the ukai info thats great news to know i have a speedline  :daumenhoch:

Should build up nice that.   :daumenhoch:  I'm not too sure about the layback, though - I'm pretty sure the KZ-1 had a straight fluted post fitted.  Gold and silver fluted post would look ace if you went down that route...

has to have a layback buddy as im too tall for straight posts and never got on with them especially as i will be riding it, unless i can find a fluted gold layback somewhere  :daumenhoch:

mileyboy

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Glad you're pleased with the f+f mate, the KZ is on page 12 of the sbd thread-along with the wifes Curtis on page 13 :smitten:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 12:19 AM »

It's not white anymore Christian  :-X

Joff's been busy in the spray booth again mate  ;)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

oldskooldayz

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 01:25 PM »
Ok monday rush just to get it in a built state but not at all the finished one, changes to be made but it valentines day so need to get things done around the house before the wife gets home

quick pic but should i get the bars done in white ? or use chrome (the chrome on these is crap)

and brake cables gold or black ? im thinking gold ?

infact it needs a lot more gold as in levers and calipers for sure

how much to paint the calipers n levers i have gold or is anno better ?

and should i go tech 3 levers instead with these type of bars unless i find a set of good v's cheap

Now with v bars jsut to see

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:52 PM by oldskooldayz »

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Gold brakes and Cables for me

Get the brakes Anno'd they will look the Mutts and a gold Chainring

She is starting to look Uber sweet :daumenhoch:

SSSHhhhh 8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Kuwi Kz Build ssssSHUSHhhhh almost ready last page

gfxgfx
gfx gfx