gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 11:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  cyclesportcity on the ebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cyclesportcity on the ebay  (Read 1451 times)

m1ke

cyclesportcity on the ebay
« on: February 11, 2011, 09:28 PM »
really wanted a standard shorty but had no joy so ordered a copy frame of these guys, i have ordered from them before and always been good, frame came on wednesday and was different as in not a shorty copy so i got onto them and was told no problem sorry for the mistake ill send a shorty copy out for you tomorrow.

the shorty copy....

the frame that came....

frame 2 came today but is not a shorty copy either  :LolLolLolLol: and its the last one they had in stock  ;D

anyone know if its a copy of anything  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: cyclesportcity on the ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46 PM »
it sounds like a "copy" of Winstanleys customer service skills  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 09:52 PM »
Sorry to hear about the mix up fella.

Can't help identify the frame but used cyclesportbmxcity once, ebay pic showed blue chainring with silver teeth, description the same, but received an all blue chainring. Sent it back but couldn't find the one I was after. To be fair they did do a refund.

Think there's a contact number on their ads.
Vans Style

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:14 PM »
the platform frame with the massive downtube is a fishbone frame-basic generic '90s frame strong but weighty
the single toptube frame looks like a heavy tools -think its the screamer mod  :-\

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:15 PM »
i have seen a few standard shorty's that i would say were Heavy Tools,  i think there was one in the for sale a few weeks back ?
Heavy Tools made three models , Ruler, Stinger and the last one escapes me , either the Ruler or the last one looked very similar to a standard shorty,  the Stinger is the race style and the  only full cro-mo the other two were main frame only , got a stinger in the loft its a real nice frame , not that it helps you much but the first frame looks like a HT ?

edit           Screamer thats the one G  :daumenhoch:  top one is the Ruler,  the first picture not what they sent
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:18 PM by oldtired »

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Just to clear it up,
the second picture is an ACTUAL heavy tools Ruler. Dan who runs BMX City [ formerly cyclesport] is a lovely bloke, runs a modern BMX shop, but has beentasked with clearing out the company's ginormous warehouse of weird old stock - they used to have a few de stickered Heavy Tools bikes, and that lat frame theysent ou is a HEAVY TOOLS RULEr. The Ruler was the singletoptube version. The Screamer was the shorty copy, and the Freestyle was the complete bike that looked a bit like a shorty but was in fact a Ruption SRi pretty much. So that first frame they sent yo may have been a Ruption SRi - not sure though. To be fair, he had about 300 boxes, all marked that same, with the chrome frames in - so they must have shifted all the shorty copies and these two were in the same boxed frame area. Actually, the Ruler was a good frame atthe time- Id rather have one of those than a shorty copy!
Thought that might help a little bit, cheers,
steve

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 10:53 AM »
Only got great things to say about bmxcity. Top bloke  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

m1ke

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 12:27 PM »
Wasn't saying anything bad about them haha I have got a few bits from them over the years and always been spot on, quite chuffed that its a heavytools ruler as they seem rather rare ish lol

motomagII

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 12:36 PM »
Just to clear it up,
the second picture is an ACTUAL heavy tools Ruler. Dan who runs BMX City [ formerly cyclesport] is a lovely bloke, runs a modern BMX shop, but has beentasked with clearing out the company's ginormous warehouse of weird old stock - they used to have a few de stickered Heavy Tools bikes, and that lat frame theysent ou is a HEAVY TOOLS RULEr. The Ruler was the singletoptube version. The Screamer was the shorty copy, and the Freestyle was the complete bike that looked a bit like a shorty but was in fact a Ruption SRi pretty much. So that first frame they sent yo may have been a Ruption SRi - not sure though. To be fair, he had about 300 boxes, all marked that same, with the chrome frames in - so they must have shifted all the shorty copies and these two were in the same boxed frame area. Actually, the Ruler was a good frame atthe time- Id rather have one of those than a shorty copy!
Thought that might help a little bit, cheers,
steve

bang on steve spoke to them and had loads bits off em they are good price and really good service .love dealing with them for sure

spesh

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 04:12 PM »
mattuk bought the last shorty copies from them as i rang the shop the day after and they had all gone
so i bought the "last one" off matt
that bottom pic looks like a midschool mongoose with the bend in the seat stays

m1ke

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 04:18 PM »
turns out the bottom one is a heavtools ruler, found this pic on mattuk for sale thread ;D bottom bracket is marked ht as well

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  cyclesportcity on the ebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx