gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 05:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pushed in ! need a clever idea to help !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pushed in ! need a clever idea to help !  (Read 3507 times)

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Pushed in ! need a clever idea to help !
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 12:45 PM »
They look like you ran over them with yr car,  :2funny:

Well it must be yr lucky day, looking through all my junk in the garage, I found the tool I made. Can't beleive I still had it, thought it was long gone. If you still want it, pay me something for the postage and I will send it on to you. You can keep it then, I don't think I will need it again. I know where it is if I do.  :D

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 04:57 PM »
pm on it's way mate and many thanks  ;)

you will have to give me some instructions on how i do it and what goes where  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 05:28 PM »

Good old RAD hey  :)  :Great_Britain:

It would be nice to keep track of this tool just like Steve (ANIMAL)'s pro-class / 7x straightening tool so that other members can use it  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline mivvi

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Ok, im sending this tool to Bendycat, its something I knocked up out of nothing but I found it worked a treat when I needed it. As Bobafett mentioned, it might be a good idea to keep track of this tool, as others may want to use it. I will explain how to use it on here instead of PM'ing people as others can then refer to it. I think it was quite simple, lol (it was 5 years ago)

Remove axle and bearings, place large rubber bush and steel smaller cup over the hub to be straightened. Insert threaded bar with one washer (Non-welded end) through the steel cup and bush and through the damaged hub. Now (this bit is fiddly from memory) You have to place the other washer and nut onto the threaded bar inside the hubbed area, it can be done. Once screwed on, take up slack with top (external) nut by hand. Then hold top (welded) nut with spanner or socket and place spanner on the nut you just tightened by hand. Now tighten this nut, it will be hard work but remember you are pulling the hub out at this stage. Sadly you have to just do a bit at a time and keep slackening the whole assembly to check progress. Thats about it, if you pull it out too much, whack the hub back in bit by bit with a lump hammer and a block of wood on the hub to avoid damage.

Hope this helps you all, (everyone will be buying knackered old mags now)  :LolLolLolLol:   

Link to my original post, pics here that should hlepl!   http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=3657.msg35859#msg35859
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:21 PM by mivvi »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Pushed in ! need a clever idea to help !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx