gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Black UKAI speedlines machined lines
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Black UKAI speedlines machined lines  (Read 1746 times)

modfather

Black UKAI speedlines machined lines
« on: February 02, 2011, 02:49 PM »
I have just received my Black UKAI speedlines back from its restoration job but it being annodised black it was hard to have the machined line kept white. Has anyone got any advice for me to be able to complete this or has done this themselves. I know someone mentioned hand painting the machined line?

ozone

Re: Black UKAI speedlines machined lines
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 03:03 PM »
I have just received my Black UKAI speedlines back from its restoration job but it being annodised black it was hard to have the machined line kept white. Has anyone got any advice for me to be able to complete this or has done this themselves. I know someone mentioned hand painting the machined line?

Isn't the line silver?  No idea how to achieve the look unless the lines could be machined again....

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:12 PM »
i take it the machined lines are still there? if so you could do it with some modelling enamel. you would need to make sure that any white spirit used did not damage the annodising mind you

carefully paint the line in ( prob best to do in sections ) with a really fine modelling brush
leave to go off for a few mins
use a cotton bud with a wee bit of white spirit on it to wipe any excess
leave to go off a bit more
wipe across with kitchen towell dipped in a small amount of white spirit and you should be left with a nice white line  :daumenhoch:

modfather

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:23 PM »
Cheers brummie i guess this is the best method to do so.  ;)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:38 AM »

Jazzchimp used a silver pen & steady hand !  ;)

modfather

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 09:36 AM »

Jazzchimp used a silver pen & steady hand !  ;)

Silver pen! now i am wondering which method to do white enamel paint with model paint brush or silver pen

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 09:39 AM »
Speak to the gay pensioner... he did an Awesome job on his Speedlines  :daumenhoch:

modfather

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 09:51 AM »
Speak to the gay pensioner... he did an Awesome job on his Speedlines  :daumenhoch:

Is that his username lol the gay pensioner or someone nicknamed that

trasher

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 07:03 PM »
that would be me ,,,the gay pensioner ,,,its alright a certain mod has changed it so that if you type my name the gay pensioner comes up  :2gunsfiring_v1:

when i had mine done by cc ,,the line was what i had to sort out ,,as said they are silver ,,reckon they machined the line in after the anno had been done bitd

i bought a silver paint pen ,,,look on ebay they do all different size tips ,,,think i used a 3mm tip

went around the line with the pen ,,, then wiped the excess of lightly trying  not to go into the speedline with nail varnish remover ,,,, which is acetone ,, didnt try neat acetone

but went with the nail varnish remover as its diluted

heres the result

modfather

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Hey the gay pensioner. I did the silver pen method earlier and it worked like a treat!  8)

trasher

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Hey the gay pensioner. I did the silver pen method earlier and it worked like a treat!  8)

:daumenhoch:

modfather

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Errr i typed out your name the gay pensioner and it came up the other name didnt know. The silver pen was brilliant but just wondering if it would like stay on the machined line not wear out etc even tho the bike will be a show bike not a rider

In2 bmx

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 08:01 PM »
T
R
A
S
H
E
R

I've found one that works . :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Black UKAI speedlines machined lines

gfxgfx
gfx gfx