gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Big Up my LBS - Ace Cycles, Kings Road, Harrogate.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Big Up my LBS - Ace Cycles, Kings Road, Harrogate.  (Read 440 times)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Big Up my LBS - Ace Cycles, Kings Road, Harrogate.
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:58 PM »
After a steady ride along the Leeds-Liverpool canal yesterday with my dad, son, and some of the other Bradford riders the euro BB bearings on my OM Flyer were fit only for the bin [they've had a hard life since I got the bike].
I needed some bearings quick as the OM Flyer is my main transport to work. Unfortunately Diggler's Dungeon didn't have any at short notice, and the big Fancy MTB shop in town didn't stock anything as common as 'BMX' parts*  :tickedoff:

I popped into town this lunchtime, Ace Cycles had just what I needed, at a price to match the interweb, with no postage costs to add on. The OM Flyer had weird cups with the bearings inside the screw-in cups... the BB I've just got has the bearing outside more like the US size bearings I'm used to, so I'll just replace the bearings themselves next time. Ace Cycles is a tiny little shop but they always seem to have the little bits and bobs that I run short of like nipples for cables, single cruiser size spoke, etc etc. Long live the LBS!

*I notice they had a couple of freestyle bikes in, so a bit naughty to not carry any parts for them?

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Big Up my LBS - Ace Cycles, Kings Road, Harrogate.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Bang on, a good local bike shop, Did they do "extra's" like them deviants in colne  ???

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: Big Up my LBS - Ace Cycles, Kings Road, Harrogate.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:26 PM »
Didn't have time for extras, I had to be back chained to my desk at 1.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Big Up my LBS - Ace Cycles, Kings Road, Harrogate.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx