gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 08:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  E.T Forks Question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: E.T Forks Question  (Read 1203 times)

oldskooldayz

E.T Forks Question
« on: January 27, 2011, 04:17 PM »
Sorry peeps I'm not trying to drag out a new et thread but would like to clear this up in my own mind and be sure of what's needed

What forks were on the original E.T frame set

1-oval trx ?
2-round trx ?
3-round Tange with the raised dropouts ?

I have both 1&3 but want to make sure it's not 2 I need as judging from so many pics
They look to be the round trx forks on it

Please clear this up

Cheers

splodge

Re: E.T Forks Question
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 04:31 PM »
When you say raised drop outs do you mean they are below where the fork ends? If so then thats it, ive had mine since new & they are definatly round (not oval) & the drop outs are below the end of the fork (but of course still in front). Ive seen some where the dropouts are above where the fork ends & i'm sure these arnt correct.  :)

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:55 PM »
When you say raised drop outs do you mean they are below where the fork ends? If so then thats it, ive had mine since new & they are definatly round (not oval) & the drop outs are below the end of the fork (but of course still in front). Ive seen some where the dropouts are above where the fork ends & i'm sure these arnt correct.  :)

I think he means in front but above where the tube ends (like the tange 1200). If that's the  case he's right that's not correct.
As far as i know the nearest match is round TRX.
Here is a few pics of mine as it arrived with the original paint on plus a bit of added emulsion  ;D

gt_lover

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:18 PM »
#1 oval tange  :daumenhoch:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Correct I did mean with the dropouts above the ends of the forks

But yep I did think they should be round And not semi or oval
Cheers

If anyone has a set of the round ones let me know asap please

Cheers

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Joe ,,your Hot heart forks or KYZ forks will be the same as these  ::)

No good if your doing an E.T copy  :-\

Tange didn't sell the Forks that come on an E.T. or a KZ1 separately,, only Oval TRX , TX500 , Tange 1200, ARX ,all different to the ones you need

You'll have to buy a KZ1 or an E.T which would then be aT2 frame too  :daumenhoch:. I've only seen one pair of those forks for sale on here in nearly 5 years ,, they went for £60 , so it's about time for some more to turn up  :D

best of  luck mate :angel:  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Just paint the ones you have for now , at least if you source some real ones the paint job is straight forward , all over red  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:42 PM by Hunterdubber »

gt_lover

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 07:06 AM »

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 10:00 AM »

Tange didn't sell the Forks that come on an E.T. or a KZ1 separately,, only Oval TRX , TX500 , Tange 1200, ARX ,all different to the ones you need

You'll have to buy a KZ1 or an E.T which would then be aT2 frame too  :daumenhoch:. I've only seen one pair of those forks for sale on here in nearly 5 years ,, they went for £60 , so it's about time for some more to turn up  :D

best of  luck mate

I have heard this been said before but am having a little trouble beleaving it.
Butts used round tubed trx on his R5000 last year and at the time had a spare set too. I used oval on my R5000.
Izombieburner over on burnerworld looks as though he may have a set of round tubed available. Check out Monkian's wanted thread over on BW . Monkian was chasing oval trx so I think zombie kev still has his.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 08:01 AM »
I see your point Glynny  :angel:

but are the forks specifically decaled like all the others are ARX,TRX,T1200 ,
every single type has its own model name and decals, so were these stickered the same. :)

I'd think there are  probably an odd few orphan pair of forks knocking around,because people snapped frames

or even upgraded to say, TRX because of the "WOW ,new oval tubing  :shocked: gotta get some of those  "  ;)  :LolLolLolLol:

I'm not saying your not right , mi owd mucka , because you really do your homework  :4_17_5:

I'm just  a sceptic and non believer , unless it's right under my nose  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  E.T Forks Question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx