gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 06:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  cheap bars on ebay - advice please on price?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cheap bars on ebay - advice please on price?  (Read 516 times)

griff

cheap bars on ebay - advice please on price?
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:59 PM »
I have a feeling that the bars that came with the mongoose I picked up in bits last night are going to be too low-rise for me
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=2001&Brand=Mongoose&Model=Importan&Type=bike
found these on the bay - cut down but I think the width should be just right - can anyone advise me on what they are likely to go for?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230573235808&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT#ht_500wt_1156
just wondered if the bidding was likely to shoot up (in which case I'll keep looking for something similar but maybe in worse nick/cheaper)

cheers

griff

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: cheap bars on ebay - advice please on price?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:41 AM »
probably go for about £20, that sounds about a fair price. most kids looking at them will see they've been cut down and wont be interested cos they all want big wide bars for some reason.

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 01:35 PM »
I have just ordered some shine eco bars from Chain reaction, £27, I know thats more money, but when you move the mongoose on for another build, and you will....., you still have some fairly good bars for it.
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

griff

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:42 PM »
I have just ordered some shine eco bars from Chain reaction, £27, I know thats more money, but when you move the mongoose on for another build, and you will....., you still have some fairly good bars for it.

that's the same price I paid for the rest of the bike!  ;D
got my eye on some cheapies, will see what happens - got until feb 26th to get it finished!!!

cheers

griff

griff

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 07:32 PM »
probably go for about £20, that sounds about a fair price. most kids looking at them will see they've been cut down and wont be interested cos they all want big wide bars for some reason.

that was a good guess John - in any case was stuck at work and then traffic was rubbish so I missed the auction end

cheers

griff

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 05:20 PM »
now if i could only guess next weeks lottery numbers then i'll be sorted. ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  cheap bars on ebay - advice please on price?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx