gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Suntour sealed hub question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Suntour sealed hub question  (Read 487 times)

The Burner King

Suntour sealed hub question
« on: January 18, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Ok, does anyone know of a tool to lossen a suntour sealed hub? I have a set and one is really tight, but the sliver part where the sealed bearings lie behind has a 4 prong insert of some kind.

Any suggestions on how to slacken them off?

Cheers J

The Burner King

Re: Suntour sealed hub question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:11 PM »
If you remove the lock nut the alloy bit with the 4 recesses in it can be pulled off to reveal normal flatted cone nut, I think someone on here made their own tool to fit the alloy bit, which I guess you'll need to properly adjust the bearings
Hope that helps?  :-\  :daumenhoch:

Thats what i need, the tool for alloy bit - do you knoiw who it was who had the tool? Cheers J

ozone

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 12:47 PM »
The search button on here is a wonderful thing.   :D  I had a quick search and found the thread you are referring to.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=78302.0

Bigplinky was the guy who made a tool to fit the hub by the looks of things.  :daumenhoch:

The Burner King

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 08:52 PM »
The search button on here is a wonderful thing.   :D  I had a quick search and found the thread you are referring to.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=78302.0

Bigplinky was the guy who made a tool to fit the hub by the looks of things.  :daumenhoch:

Thanks for that matey  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Suntour sealed hub question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx