gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 12:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  mongoose cheapy midschool banger - new pics on p3
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mongoose cheapy midschool banger - new pics on p3  (Read 4113 times)

griff

Re: need some advice on my BB now (page 2 update)
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 09:23 PM »
it will be locked agaist the bearing cone, so you will need to hold  that with a thin spanner the undo the lock nut  :daumenhoch:

what about putting the crank arm back on the spindle on the other side? my spanner's not that thin and the crank arm might give a bit more leverage?

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 09:28 PM »
yep ypu can do that but make sure you put it on as if you were puting it on for real i.e. bolt it up properly or you could damage it

andy

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Griff

to be honest, I'd just build it to the point that you can ride it and see what you think of it... before you spend all the time and hassle stripping it all down and painting it just get out there and try it out.

once its built you can strip bits off and clean them up bit by bit...  :angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

griff

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Griff

to be honest, I'd just build it to the point that you can ride it and see what you think of it... before you spend all the time and hassle stripping it all down and painting it just get out there and try it out.

once its built you can strip bits off and clean them up bit by bit...  :angel:

I blame you eduardo - was gonna just leave it looking manky and then you got me thinking about painting  ::)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 09:51 PM »
 ::)

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

griff

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 10:24 PM »
just wait until you see the titanium seat post I'm putting on it - will be worth more than the rest of the bike put together  ;D

griff

Re: mongoose cheapy midschool banger
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 03:54 PM »
here's a few pics of this just before it's first roll about - before we went off to creation
still too lazy to put new rear cable on but will sort it for next outing  :daumenhoch:

it's heavy as fook but surprisingly felt quite nice to roll around the half pipe on (cheers pickle for giving the tyres a good pumping while my back was turned  ;) )

before

after

thanks again Ed for your help with this  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: mongoose cheapy midschool banger - new pics on p3
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Just read your thread from the beginning, great job of the semi resto, and well done for keeping an overlooked goose on its wheels, Ive got a early 00's villian that i cant seem to part with, its just too clean to get rid of, even the foam filled seat is mint!!

And just in case you ever split, I'd love those cranks!!!

griff

Re: mongoose cheapy midschool banger - new pics on p3
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2011, 07:59 PM »
Just read your thread from the beginning, great job of the semi resto, and well done for keeping an overlooked goose on its wheels, Ive got a early 00's villian that i cant seem to part with, its just too clean to get rid of, even the foam filled seat is mint!!

And just in case you ever split, I'd love those cranks!!!

thanks mate - dunno about resto all I did was pull it to bits and clean (some of) the rust off - am happy with how the cranks turned out though (followed bendycats advice using a v.sharp blade + metal polish in the rusty spots)
am going to keep it at least for a bit as I'm hoping to start getting braver at some point....  ::)

was a shame about the original wheels, but since I think the ones I ended up with will probably last until I'm drawing a pension doesn't matter that they cost nearly as much as the rest of the bike  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  mongoose cheapy midschool banger - new pics on p3

gfxgfx
gfx gfx