gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975767 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 11:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  looking for a v.cheap bike to chuck about & found this on the bay......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: looking for a v.cheap bike to chuck about & found this on the bay......  (Read 450 times)

griff

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160529934145&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT#ht_708wt_1140

currently on £21 with 90 mins to go - looks a bit tatty but then I wouldn't feel bad when I fall off the kiddie ramps
any idea what these are worth?, was thinking might be ok as a back up...

HEYWOOD BMX

;) Good for a kid but very very short toptube.

griff

thanks James

am a bit of a bit taller than Spen at 5' 8", but from what you're saying I'll probably have to reconsider
remembered Edna did up a vertigo (diff year tho) so assumed would be ok size-wise...

anyone know how long the TT is?

cheers

griff

HEYWOOD BMX

:) About 19.5.Not a patch on the older Vertigo frames. Worth that for the 3 pc cranks if tyhey are hollow ones.

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I think for what you want Griff, that'd tick the boxes, but don't pay over £40, £50 very tops if you are the impatient kind!!

Should be hollow cranks, but will have an open bearing bottom bracket spindle, not the end of the world, I've recently sold a crank & BB similar on ebay for £30 BIN.

To be honest, at our skill level, the top tube length of 19.5 isn't going to be much of an issue., I bet Eds Hoffrman isn't far from that.

See how you get on, DON'T get the bidding frenzy, they'll be loads of others!!

Mark
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
And, it will be heavy, but strong.

Bettyswallocks

What happened to the one you posted up the other day? it would have been spot on

griff

:) About 19.5.Not a patch on the older Vertigo frames. Worth that for the 3 pc cranks if tyhey are hollow ones.

Betty it went for over £100 while I was out - tbh was over budget as I'm looking for something to learn on/abuse
TT length should be ok - just been into kitchen and measured my haro and if I'm measuring properly that's smaller

looks like it might go over your estimate Mark anyway so may have to look again - not impatient now I've got one bike 99% done
(thanks for implying I have attained any kind of skill level btw)

cheers

griff

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
So, have you joined the GT owners club?

griff

So, have you joined the GT owners club?

check ur PM mate - and no not this time
(I do have a 1991 GT mountain bike though, so maybe I'm already a member?)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  looking for a v.cheap bike to chuck about & found this on the bay......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx