gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 29, 2024, 10:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Winstanleys
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Winstanleys  (Read 7487 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Winstanleys
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 12:26 AM »
 :( Take everything they say as a lie.I hadn`t use Wan*stanleys for ages due to previous poor service.I ordered a hub from them in November last year & it arrived without any cogs although it was advertised as coming with 4.After several broken promises I`ve given up on them.I doubt they`ll arrive now gave them some serious abuse the last time I rang them.

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 12:29 AM »
so put it down to experience and keep the 2009 ?

if i do i will be putting a "winstanleys are w**kers" sticker on it

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 08:06 AM »
How far away from them are you?  i'd get in the car and go there myself and not leave till you're happy with the outcome  :daumenhoch:

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 09:16 AM »
In about 2004/5 I bought a pair of Smack Daddy cranks from them, which arrived with both arms threaded as left hand arms , but marked right and left. It took them ages to sort it out - I rang them everyday. In the end, I managed to get a refund from them, but I have not used them since then - they are without doubt the worst mail order bike shop Ive ever encountered - if they didnt have the buying power to be able to buy in bulk and sell cheaply - theyd have gone out of business long ago. Lying, good for bnothing brainless company who only want your money.
They are part of the reason I started my own bmx mail order.
Be warned eveyone on here, go to a rider owned BMX shop that will PRICE MATCH wankstanleys like Stodgy at the Radshop.
NEVER EVER BUY FROM SH1TSTANLEYS.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 09:44 AM »
In about 2004/5 I bought a pair of Smack Daddy cranks from them, which arrived with both arms threaded as left hand arms , but marked right and left. It took them ages to sort it out - I rang them everyday. In the end, I managed to get a refund from them, but I have not used them since then - they are without doubt the worst mail order bike shop Ive ever encountered - if they didnt have the buying power to be able to buy in bulk and sell cheaply - theyd have gone out of business long ago. Lying, good for bnothing brainless company who only want your money.
Be warned eveyone on here, go to a rider owned BMX shop that will PRICE MATCH wankstanleys like Stodgy at the Radshop.

Amen brother!! 

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 01:13 PM »

youve hit the nail on the head here , the only reason they get business is simply on price , and due to the adds in the magazines  Sadly Winstanleys started (and the shop is still there ) as a family run toy  shop. bikes up stairs and prames in a side annex. a number of years ago (i think as the sons slowly took over ) the bike side expanded as they saw the money to be made in mountain/bmx bikes  and mountain/bmx, parts as more and more people custom made their rides . Then they realised how much money could be made selling prams , probably due to the rise of teenage mothers.     this took over the toy shop and the bike dept up stairs leaving a tiny corner for toys  and the mail order side is now done from a very large unit . Very few bikes to see, very few parts on display , and service is shocking. You tell them what you want and they have no idea,they have to look it up on the pc usualy turning the screen round and asking the customer to find the part  :uglystupid2: its really bad you have to see it to believe it .. MY ADVICE TO ANYONE THINKING OF USING WINSTANLEYS IS .....DONT...RING STODGY AT THE RAD SHOP tell him what you want and get a first class service and what you need hastle free
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:02 PM by Badbaldie »

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 03:07 PM »
Ahhhh shucks, thanks guys!

Offline popedante

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 05:13 PM »
You know what , life is too short to deal with these clowns ,i have learned my leason with winstanleys from now on will be keeping my business with recommended suppliers only as its actually costing me more in the long run and what should be fun build has now been tainted by these prats so when i look at the frame its winding me up instead of being chuffed to have it .

last email from them "offered" me £5 discount if i shipped the frame back to them and then they would "see" what discount they could offer me on another frame ( they must think i am one stupid fooker to fall for that )

WINSTANLEYS ARE A JOKE , DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM   :2gunsfiring_v1:

cheers for all the help , and again thanks Lenny your a gent 

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Unlucky popdante. Hope you get satisfaction in the end. I find with Stodgy, satisfaction is guaranteed. ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Winstanleys

gfxgfx
gfx gfx