gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  is this skip fodder?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: is this skip fodder?  (Read 559 times)

griff

is this skip fodder?
« on: January 09, 2011, 10:40 PM »
evening peeps

been looking for a (rideable) banger to use for corby session since my proper bike's still not quite finished
brett has very kindly offered to let me use one of his but since it's so nice am already feeling guilty in case I fall off and damage it

there are a few bikes currently quite cheap on the bay but a lot of em seem to be ending on sunday  ::) so have been digging around local classifieds
found this grubby thing for sale for £30 not too far from me but have no clue whether it's any good or not, can anyone ID it?
all i can tell is that it looks mid school due to location of back brake - weird mags on it tho

might pop down to the tip after work tomorrow and see if there's any bike in the metal bin for under a fiver  ;D

if anyone sees anything for sale for under £50 within 30 miles of maidenhead shoot me a PM  ;)

cheers

griff

Online brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: is this skip fodder?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 10:47 PM »
Just ride the ripper griff I have two of em .

Not sure what that is Griff but if it holds air in the tyres and the wheels spin smoothly and it makes no noises then why not.  you can always sell it after.

griff

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:52 PM »
i'm thinking it may well be in POS territory but thought I'd at least let the experts on here have a look
the guy advertising was not exactly detailed in the description - said he's selling for his brother who says it needs some TLC and an inner tube
no mention of noise levels  ;D

Rodgy1970

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 11:10 PM »
I think it's a haro and the mags are bernardi, it the mags are bernardi they are crap and wouldn't be that strong you'd need wheels to take it to a park imo.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:35 PM »
Deffo skip fodder

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 11:53 PM »
 25 Years ago when we'd finnished with our bikes they were skip fodder too
now look where we are ,,dribblin over whats left and payin silly money to get em back,buy it bang it in
ur loft in another 20 year u av a surviver :daumenhoch: ;D

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 07:52 AM »
Hi Griff

That'll be dead heavy, you will break the wheels by just looking at it, and possibly the crank too.

There are some real bargains around, like that powerlite last week for £12.50 and a 2hip new school that went for £45

Personally, I wouldn't buy it, I'd wait for a nearby bargain, possibly riding Bretts ripper if nothing turns up. I wouldn't worry about scratching it, he'll just blag another free one off his LBS!!!

See you Saturday!
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  is this skip fodder?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx