gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bargain or not?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bargain or not?  (Read 3061 times)

Topcat

Bargain or not?
« on: August 22, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Bought this to keep round my mates house and do some resto between the 2 of us.  So you think we did O.K.?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7176339236&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

US $59.95 + shipping, mind you have paid for it and the seller has gone a bit quiet! ::)

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Bargain or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Well, at £35 you cant complain.

Rooonga

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Thats a MEGA RESULT!

Fingers crossed that it gets to ya OK!!

Topcat

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 02:08 PM »
Well, at £35 you cant complain.

Thats what I thought, you can't even buy a dog for that!  ;)

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 02:16 PM »
a friend i used to ride with had that exact same bike!

they were good and fairly strong.

good buy!!!

retrogeezer

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 02:25 PM »
cheap - but it does say US shipping only.

Topcat

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 04:27 PM »
cheap - but it does say US shipping only.

Mate in the US is getting it and shipping it to me.  I suppose technically its then costing me another $40.

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 08:58 PM »
i bet i cant wait to take them pegs off it ! ...i cant  gulp , :o .. but yeah if u can keep the shipping down then bingo!!!

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 07:44 PM »
great bike, you'll just have to have surface shipping otherwise it will ad up.

That will look great once you've got it done, nice score.

:)

SammyVee

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Makes me cry to think that mine ended up down the rubbish dump a few years ago.. Nice bikes.. good buy mate  :)

Topcat

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 10:20 AM »
So much for the bargain, didn't hear a peep from the guy for 8 days after I paid up on day 1, no response to any emails until I sent one saying if I didn't hear back I would be reporting them for non delivery! >:(

Then I get a response saying I have already shipped it but seen as you are gonna report it go ahead and I'll cancel the shipment.  Then I had my money returned (at least that didn't cost me I suppose).  What a w*#ker.... anybody need a Diamond Back padset or have a cheap Silver Streak going..... ;)

Got my TA coming so between me and my mate we would like a bit of a project so resto would be good!

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2005, 02:36 PM »
yeah shame mate bloody tossers .and how much you looking for padset
as i need some for my db

Topcat

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 01:41 PM »
yeah shame mate bloody tossers .and how much you looking for padset
as i need some for my db

Gonna try and get another SS to resto first but I'll PM you if I have no luck!

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 02:08 PM »
ok cheers mate  ;D

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 05:20 PM »
There are two sides to every story. The seller (tread) is a good guy with almost 100 % positive feedback and none in the last year.  He contacted the buyer 6 days after payment not 8 as has been  stated.  The first e-mail sent by the buyer was less than polite.  Buyer bid on a US auction only and even if he is  getting the bike from a friend in the US, he could have waited at least a week or so before joining vintage and this board to air something that had not yet become a problem.

Topcat

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 08:10 PM »
There are two sides to every story. The seller (tread) is a good guy with almost 100 % positive feedback and none in the last year.  He contacted the buyer 6 days after payment not 8 as has been  stated.  The first e-mail sent by the buyer was less than polite.  Buyer bid on a US auction only and even if he is  getting the bike from a friend in the US, he could have waited at least a week or so before joining vintage and this board to air something that had not yet become a problem.

I am happy to put a copy of my "less than polite email on this site" .  17/8 Tread sent the weight to arrange for me to pay for shipping to the UK.  On the 18/8 I won the bike and paid via paypal and at that time requested the tracking number to be emailed to me when it had been sent.  On the 21/8 I sent this email via ebay "I haven't heard anything from you, can you please confirm you received payment O.K. I understand you still have to box up the bike and ship it but can you get back to me today to let me know everything is fine. As there is a couple more Diamondback items I need to win for this bike. "

I don't now how this was offensive.  Then on 24/8 I sent an email saying that unless I hear something back soon I would have to report this to ebay and make a claim through Paypal.  Maybe slightly premature but after twice somebody trying to rip me off in the last 2 months not unfair and only less than polite if you take it personally!  This Friday 26/8 that is 8 days after I had paid via Paypal I got an email saying stating that I should just go and report it to paypal and that the shipment which was already on its way but would be cancelled.  I replied back saying that I had no wish to cancel it and I wanted to go ahead with the sale.  Then I find that I have a refund pending on my paypal account.    If this hadn't become a problem and we could have sorted it out why was my money refunded?

I notice that my post has been deleted on Vintage where as rad atleast seem to allow people to air their opinions.   Tread has my email address and I want to buy this bike, this to me looks like a blatent attempt to reneg on a deal and if that isn't the case prove it and sell the bike to me. 

My email reply to him (on 26/8) before his refund even explained that I had problems previously with other ebay sellers and how communication was the key!  I'll even to talk to the guy to sort this out and post the outcome on this site and Vintage if they'll accept my post.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bargain or not?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx