gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 02:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chrome plating smallish parts (not frames)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chrome plating smallish parts (not frames)  (Read 1386 times)

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Chrome plating smallish parts (not frames)
« on: January 16, 2006, 02:07 PM »
I am looking to get some bits chromed, lets say; a chainwheel, spider, stem, that sort of thing. Does anyone know what sort of price and if they know someone who knows a reasonable source. Cheers, Ad

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
Re: Chrome plating smallish parts (not frames)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 03:13 PM »
that woman at multicoat owns cleveland chroming as well dude, call her im sure shes had a few parts through her hands.

ooo er matron :D

Dark angell

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 09:59 AM »
had a bit done there my self, there did a good job,

Jazzchimp

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Web address, phone numbers?? ??? ???

Offline aditup2004

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 10:43 AM »
01642 211828 is the no. for the powder coaters. They will give you the no. for the chromers. I am possibly going today or tomorrow, so will let you know. Ad

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I atke it this isn't Castleford Chromers? If not does anyone have pics of some of their work?

Ta

paul

Frosty

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 03:11 PM »
I jsut called them, the number is 01642 244911 Cleveland Chroming.

Approx £10 for brake lever/caliper, £10-£15 for each crank arm.

All good so far, downside is they have only 1 polisher at the moment so the lead time is about 10weeks :o

Frosty

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 09:56 AM »
I have got my 400's and some old steel brake calipers back from Cleveland Chrome now.

I'll post some pics up later tonight, but thought I would say they have done a fantastic job, the only exception being the spider on the 400's. They did phone me about this as apparantly it is alloy and they could not guarantee the chrome taking - which it hasn't very well.

The chrome is very deep looking if you know what I mean and has been very well polished, unlike Castleford chromer (who did a reasonable job - when compared to this batch).

If you don't need stuff in a hurry, then consider these folks, £48 inc postage for 2 crank arms, and 4 brake caliper pieces (these were very rusty and I only sent them a a test  to see how they would come out).

Paul

gmac

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 10:02 AM »
When I had my last lot of stuff chromed, they chraged me £10 a pop for crank arms

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Ok,

No pics of the crank arms before they went, but they were rusty and suffered from some flaking chrome.

The brake calipers, as rusty as the bolt in the pic next to them, that was taken off them.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Chrome plating smallish parts (not frames)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx