gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Lochaber Diamonds National '88 Fort William - Pro Invitational
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lochaber Diamonds National '88 Fort William - Pro Invitational  (Read 2170 times)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Unearthed this little programme from BITD. What a Motley Crew. Some quality Movember candidates and check out Flemdog emo ahead of his time :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:42 PM by RATTY »

nosepickben

Re: Lochaber Diamonds National '88 Fort William - Pro Invitational
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Fabulous....

I rode that national, broke my vitus frame in practice, froze my nuts off all weekend, went to the "pro q+a" at a shady community centre, played arcade games with the anti-ruffell brigade (you know who you were...) Halcyon days mate.
Everytime I hear mary's prayer by danny wilson it reminds me of that weekend, it was playing several times per day from the p.a system trackside, controlled from the cab of a JCB. Naughty hudu sneaked me booze too, Good lad!! Thanks for posting this dude,  :smitten:

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 08:42 PM »
I never thought Hudu was the new romantic type...

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Thats just quaility :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

nosepickben

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 07:05 PM »
I never thought Hudu was the new romantic type...

Phil introduced me to allsorts of music as an impressionable 13 year old. decent stuff you know, the the, sex pistols, simple minds, visage, soft cell, all the greats like.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline James Nada

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Great post Marc  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 12:15 PM »
Flem has a "Kray henchman" look about him  :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline TheLivster

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 10:25 PM »
Fantastic to see that old programme. I was 15 and racing in the Lochaber Diamonds club at the pro national. Couldn't believe we got it to happen. Myself and a mate were riding Diamondback F1's, which I think influenced the club name? (Currently rebuilding one at the moment. )
The club had no money but the organiser was a local councilor and we managed to get support to help us build the new track for the event. Fantastic memories, only wish I still had my programme with all the autographs on it. The community centre was well dodgy and in a rough part of Fort William called 'Caol'. Can't imagine what the pros and visitors must've thought but for us it was the best weekend the track ever had.

Cheers

Great to see this, thanks for posting.
:4_17_5:
Better to regret the things you've done than regret those you haven't...

Offline bmxbardit

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 06:28 PM »
quality - small claims court - Robbie Giles (commentator) is my uncle, he provided race commentary throughout the Highlands, his sons Tim and Matt were pretty fast on two wheels

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Lochaber Diamonds National '88 Fort William - Pro Invitational

gfxgfx
gfx gfx