gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Rotter
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Rotter  (Read 3020 times)

gobshite

Re: A Rotter
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 11:00 AM »
he may well prey on the old school bmx scene "for a living"

but heroin dealers chose what they do "to make a living"

it doesnt fooking make it right does it.

horseshit.

i expect more from you, and your first post on the subject is testement to your passion and brain power, but you tried too hard with this bit.

utter utter bollocks.

:D

i admit it was a poor analogy as one brings misery and death and the other brings happiness and appreciation,
you can surely see what i was trying to say though,
i read my post this am and it smacked of  spitting vitriol,which i'm trying to rid my life of.

tbh biagio could have actually been a great asset to the O/s scene, which makes it more of a shame when folks are left with a bitter taste in their mouths after dealing with him,
part of me wonders if he had sold his stuff at reasonable prices someone would have bought up chunks of his stock and done the same as him,
but the issues are not about the prices he charges, its how he goes about it,

i think that most of the collectors in the O/S secretly enjoy the ever rising hyped up prices,
i've watched the scene grow since day and before and seen it happen many times, folk get involved, build a couple of nice bikes, get bored , move on and keep the bikes stashed away as they know they'll be a good financial investment,
so parts and frames start to run out and the scene starts to die off,
there are those that genuinely love the old school and bmx in general, they build, ride and then split their builds and repeat the process, or they keep their collections and make the effort to get their builds out there to be seen appreciated and enjoyed by others,race them/show them,

i thought b was a prick from his attitude and from having seen his treatment of his customers over the years,
he isnt "bombing hanoi" though, if folk are foolish enough to pay his prices its entirely their fault,
i've absolutely no doubt that someone will repay b in terms of financial karmic retribution in the future,

so i'm done with this subject now, lifes short and there are better things for me to grumble about,
i'll not be posting in any related threads in the future.

cheers for the compliments though J.T, i feel the same about your good-self and your passion for bmx.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:07 AM by darksunday »

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 11:35 AM »
DS - I'd be interested to read your contribution on topics like this. The 'polishers' seem to have a bigger say than the 'riders' on many things, so good to have your perspectives.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 01:17 PM »
more bollocks.

no one has any more say than anyone else, everyone just has a say.

some choose to say it and some dont.

my only point in all of this is i didnt see the point in starting a thread about someone seeling bmx parts entitled 'a prick'

it just starts another biaggio is a massive shuffle munsterer slag fest.

all opinions valid etc, and joe makes some great points. I dont necessarily agree with all of it, but the underlying issues mentioned are up there.

i'm not defending him or anyone etc..were all just sailihng our own ships.

some shit just doesnt need saying, especially as its been said a million billion times before, and on this particulart subject, there are almost as many bandwagonners as the hobby/sport itself ( depending on where you sit)

i dont know the bloke, have never had a bad experience with him, i think he's expensive, but so fooking what.

i'm not really in a position to call the man a prick.

he needs product and he does whateever he needs to do to get it.

id say that makes him a shrewd and resourceful business man.

trasher

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 01:33 PM »
DS - I'd be interested to read your contribution on topics like this. The 'polishers' seem to have a bigger say than the 'riders' on many things, so good to have your perspectives.

Is that a dig at the majority Of this site  :-\

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 01:41 PM »

Is that a dig at the majority Of this site  :-\

No just an observation not a dig, I'm not far too transparent for that.  The restoring thing is new to me and it's something that I'm gaining some appreciation for. And there seem to be plenty of people that do both  :)

griff

Re: A prick
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 01:58 PM »

one thing I wondered - as we all get older and people who remember 80s bikes first time round aren't into it anymore, do you think the market will peak at some point?
ie will today's mid & new school become the new 'old school', cos that's what kids today will have fond memories of?

no...

most of the "so called" bmx'ers on here only want have an interest in bmx inorder to reminisce,

they dumped bmx back in the day when it went out of fashion and completely forgot about it for 15-20 years,

theyre just collectors,

collecting stuff,

No real love for bmx,

no interest in the mid school,

no interest in the new school,

just looking back with rose tinted glasses trying to satiate their childhood desires by building the bikes they wanted back then,

looking from up here on the bandwagon that sounds pretty much like my profile DS  ;D
I'm reminiscing like mad building the haro I never thought I'd have
(I do intend to ride it a bit though, even if I do look like a bit of a paedo at my age riding a kid's bike)
from what I remember bmx was never really that fashionable back then either - but I LOVED riding my bike in all weathers even if I did stop aged about 16 - mainly due to the urge to drink beer and chase girls (and bit later on cars took over)
still regret not keeping my old bike as my brother never looked after it, but tbh I was never really that good anyway - one of my mates from way back who was, carried on and ended up running a shop in brum - I have nothing but admiration for his dedication and bottle, but I followed a different path...

I like watching the (mental) stuff you see nowadays done on more modern bikes, can appreciate the skills and tech but as it's not what I grew up with I don't have quite the same emotional connection to it that's all.

maybe one day I'll run into you at a rad meeting and you can teach an old wobbler a new trick  :daumenhoch:

cheers

griff

BmxAssasin

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 02:14 PM »
who is this BIAGIO man? is he a member on here or something? or is he a collector whos ripped someone off?

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 02:46 PM »
He runs Vert-Ego website and makes his money selling OS BMX parts. His pricing often leads to fairly strong opinions. I don't know the bloke personally and have only ever bought 1 small item which was priced at the going rate and arrived okay.

waza04

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 06:46 PM »
it just starts another biaggio is a massive shuffle munsterer slag fest.  ;D

i take it this sentance had a few swear words in it!  ::)

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Yaaaaaaaaaawwnnnnn.....   :)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 07:23 PM »
mid schools where its at lads sorry.biaggio does not exist  .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Rotter

gfxgfx
gfx gfx