gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  this bloke's got a lot of bolts.. maybe good for my new flight cranks?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: this bloke's got a lot of bolts.. maybe good for my new flight cranks?  (Read 1464 times)

griff

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/stainlessbolts/stainless-countersunk-bolts-/_i.html?_nkw=m8&submit=Search&_fsub=5476306&_sid=268924222

OK so I know fook all about threads etc, but a bit of casual lunchtime surfin turned up this seller
from what I can gather new flight twin pincher crank spindle bolts (black cr-mo + red ano washer) are M8 thread - only say this as there are a pair listed for sale on ebay right now that are the same as mine & they say M8 in the description

not sure what length they should be, but this guy has a wide selection and they are cheaper than me buying wet n dry + polish + mop (not to mention the fact that the inside of the allen bolt would also be nice and shiny - no way I would be able to polish in there)

will check the length of my current bolts later at home, but to my untrained eyes these look like a good potential swap

what do you reckon radsters?

cheers

griff

PS anyone else get locked out of this site at lunchtime - happens to me most days  :(

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Griff, your lbs will most likely give tou a pair of these if you ask nicely. If they hand tou a pair with rubber washers on the top with an 8mm allen key head on them just pop the washer off for the old school look and the job's done bud.

Spen

Ps - site was down for a bit me thinks!
Still limping......

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
theres a bloke over on bmxmuseum.com whos sales new repro hardware for flights,stainless or chrome,i can dig out a link if you ask nicely :LolLolLolLol:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

griff

thanks guys - I doubt my lbs would give out anything for free but you never know
markyp if you would be so kind as to post that link I'd be grateful - always good to have a plan b

cheers
griff

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

griff

thanks markyp

think i've seen this one before, for single pinch cranks not twin pinch - but in the description it does say he does flight hardware...

still - thats a lot to pay when i only need 2 bolts - might take a punt on the ones from brum anyway as they're so much cheaper

button ones too - not sure about the thread for single pinch bods tho
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M8-X-16-STAINLESS-BUTTON-FLANGE-HEAD-SCREWS-BOLTS-x-10-/160312525087?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item25535f011f#ht_1632wt_906

cheers

griff

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
thanks markyp

think i've seen this one before, for single pinch cranks not twin pinch - but in the description it does say he does flight hardware...

still - thats a lot to pay when i only need 2 bolts - might take a punt on the ones from brum anyway as they're so much cheaper

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M8-X-16-STAINLESS-BUTTON-FLANGE-HEAD-SCREWS-BOLTS-x-10-/160312525087?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item25535f011f#ht_1632wt_906

cheers

griff

Let me know if those work out from the first thread.  He might finish up selling a few of them  :daumenhoch:

Brett

griff

thanks markyp

cheers

griff

Let me know if those work out from the first thread.  He might finish up selling a few of them  :daumenhoch:

Brett

no probs mate - he sells em in multiples anyway so if they're nay good will have some spare to get rid of...

cheers

griff

griff

so finally got off my arse and measured the length of the original black bolts
have now ordered a bag of stainless bolts - will let all you know if they fit ok

cheers

griff

griff

so finally got off my arse and measured the length of the original black bolts
have now ordered a bag of stainless bolts - will let all you know if they fit ok

cheers

griff

meh - so the bolts turned up and look to be the perfect length, width looks ok and the heads are just a tiny fraction smaller than the original black ones
only trouble is the threads on the originals look a bit finer, so I'm not going to risk screwing em in  :(
shame as they were very cheap but will contact the guy and see if he has any others - anyone know what type of thread the new flight bolts have? (should have asked this before..... ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  this bloke's got a lot of bolts.. maybe good for my new flight cranks?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx