gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Dating an early Cook Bros; Dennis Dain can you help?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dating an early Cook Bros; Dennis Dain can you help?  (Read 1566 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Dating an early Cook Bros; Dennis Dain can you help?
« on: November 24, 2010, 12:30 PM »
One of the guys over here in Oz has picked up an early Cooks Bros frame and fork set:

Serial is 1378, so looks to be quite early and has no dropout adjusters.  Can anyone help put a rough date to this one for him?

Cheers

Marty

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Dennis Dain

Re: Dating an early Cook Bros; Dennis Dain can you help?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 07:27 PM »
Hey Marty, from what I have learned in recent years and combined with my memories from the 70s I would say that frame was made in 79 (at the earliest) or the early 80s. When I was there in 78 I think they were just developing the flat brake bridge and they did not have chain tensioners yet.

As for the serial number, I was told they started over on numbers every time they changed frame design.

I will contact Claude (Masterstint) he is the Cook expert and I believe he is a member here.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Dating an early Cook Bros; Dennis Dain can you help?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:29 PM »
Hey Marty, from what I have learned in recent years and combined with my memories from the 70s I would say that frame was made in 79 (at the earliest) or the early 80s. When I was there in 78 I think they were just developing the flat brake bridge and they did not have chain tensioners yet.

As for the serial number, I was told they started over on numbers every time they changed frame design.

I will contact Claude (Masterstint) he is the Cook expert and I believe he is a member here.

Cheers Dennis, any information is great appreciated  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Dating an early Cook Bros; Dennis Dain can you help?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx