gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 04:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  NO NO NO it's not right - need yer help didn't work ! re-read please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NO NO NO it's not right - need yer help didn't work ! re-read please  (Read 2585 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
got a pair dia compe hombre calipers to set up on a custom GT pimp ride and strugglig with one part  :-[

Now i know how the caliper parts work with the springs and what presure they need to work - but on the cable part it's the triangle that is doing me in

wire to threaded bolt to the bridge bolt (loop bolt part) then the loop wire with barrel end in one caliper side and then ? - now i have a bullet type bolt with a hole in it

see picture for what part i mean ! 

so where and how does it go - if any one can do a pic for me then  it might help

feel bit of a plum for asking  ;D

so can any one help as i need to move forward and not backwards like i feel  ???

cheers B  ;)

WASN'T RIGHT - PLEASE READ ON
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:28 PM by BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN »
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: need yer help with a part set up !
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:37 AM »
the bullet type bolt thingy will have a small allen key bolt in the top, pull the cable through and then tighten the allen key bolt to hold the cable  :daumenhoch:

give me a call on 07984401262 if you get stuck   :daumenhoch:

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:03 AM »
there called knarps...the cable goes in it and its held in by the tiny allen key screw.. they slide into the tops of the caliper with the centre of the cable being held by the hanger.........hope ive made sence  :LolLolLolLol:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:15 AM »

I just don't know why my mind was a blank - yes it makes sence now  :idiot2:

cheers boys and thank yer both  ;)

i'm off  to write a telephone number in the gents toilets in town and then i will get back to sorting out the brakes  ;) ;D

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Right so i went to do the brake, thinking that it would be fine - no it wasn't - the picture in my mind was for it to place in the claw arm and hook up with the wire and barrel on the other side

the claw part has a barrel with a hole in it - the other bit has a round top and then a bigger part to it with a screw nut for the wire to go through ?

well i need to know as i'm lost with it - here is two pic's to see if you can make sence of it ?  can it really be like this ? seems a big heavy thing to have at the end ! or am i missing some thing ?

spesh

:LolLolLolLol: itll work but its not right

the nipple on the cable goes in the claw part and the ball ended snarf goes in the other claw on the othe half of the caliper
and the cable loops around the grip clamp triangle shaped thingy
the bit with the circlip in ive not seen before :idiot2: but it looks like itll do the same job as the ball end thingyamebob  :daumenhoch:

hope this help but i have just consume a bottle of red so my mind isnt too clear at the mo

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
well i'm none the f'ing wiser  ;D but i'm on the vodka   :2funny:

i know how the cable goes round the triangle bit but this claw end bit is doing me nut in - the bullet doesn't fit in the end with the brass barrel taken out - fooking hell  :-\

motomagII

right click the link scroll down and all will become clear .

things can be twot when you dont know lol
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=14152

Bettyswallocks

Its a front brake, you could still use it if you've got the knarps you highlighted in the first pic

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
And if you haven't, I've got some you can have  :daumenhoch:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: NO NO NO it's not right - need yer help didn't work ! re-read please
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 09:59 PM »
So it seems i got sold two fronts ?

i have one black front and a polished rear and a sweet ride to put them on

so i can do the front like moto showed

pickle me dear mate  :daumenhoch: please can you help me out  :-* ;D

pm inbound

cheers B  ;)

london 18th dec ride  8)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 10:33 PM »
Will post out some bits tomorrow mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 06:11 AM »
If you want a simple fix for the silver brake, put the big ugly bullet away, feed the straddle cable through the little hole the other way round so it's secured by its own lead nipple, then just add one of those knarps to the other end. Bob's yer uncle.

For the black brake in your first picture, if you intend to use it on the front, then lots of riders simply jammed the outer cable into one end, and secured t'other end with a knarp. It does mean you'd have no adjuster down there, but it's not the end of the world.

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Jesus dropout jones!  :LolLolLolLol:

yer we know yer find them sexy  ;)

will if pickle has a couple then he's the man ! as it's done my noodle in - i know now what needs to be done and should work with what advice has been given by all  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 08:40 AM »
did you get this sorted mate?   the board turned up yesterday, my lads mate will love it!  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  NO NO NO it's not right - need yer help didn't work ! re-read please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx