gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 02:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  FAO OF MR LEECH
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: FAO OF MR LEECH  (Read 6441 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
FAO OF MR LEECH
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:09 PM »
alex theres a set of your hubs for sale here if you dont already have a set

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php't=124493

thecaptain

Re: FAO OF MR LEECH
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:32 PM »
if he doesnt want them, id like to buy, ill wait til I hear from alex though

JT71

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 05:37 PM »
I've texted the man. I'm tempted myself cos I think the DK i got used to have those hubs. :)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 07:44 PM »
looks like someone has dibbed the hubs :'( :'(

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Yeah, they look like they are PE hubs. They look pretty cool too, uh?

I would have been tempted. £50 dont sound like a bad price.

Oh, and I do have a few sets. Not many, but some  ::)

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 08:04 PM »

Is that the same Dr.Robotnik as on RAD?

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 08:21 PM »
still got my set here need to get them relaced.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 08:46 PM »
cool, more than likely its the same dr robotnik as on here, i mean how many other people have that username on other forums?

dan are you coming to rom on sun with mike, pill etc.... (rob's again if it rains)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 08:53 PM »
yes mate as usual .

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 09:36 PM »
cool ill see u there, hopefully it will be dry so we can ride rom and save u a bit of a drive :daumenhoch:

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 10:22 AM »

Is that the same Dr.Robotnik as on RAD?

Bloody Dr.Robotnik.  :2funny:

Yeah it's me, not heard back from the man though, so I don't think I'm getting them....hadn't read this thread before so hope I am not stepping on any toes?

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 11:48 AM »
You go for them Dr. Rob. I hope you get them, it'd be nice to know where they end up.  :daumenhoch:

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 01:50 PM »
Sorry all, I think I have snagged them. I'll let you know when they arrive and I'll give JT71 a bell if I don't find a use for them.

BTW Alex, is the rear meant to have a decal? And does that 14mm axle fit in that rear hub?

Now if someone could just hook me up with a King Liberty frame and forks and a Sym hub I'd be all set for all I need.

Cheers

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 01:54 PM by Dr.Robotnik »

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Alex, is the rear meant to have a decal? And does that 14mm axle fit in that rear hub?

They both came with decals at some point but I didnt sort that out. Cyclone Cycles put them on themselves before they sold them. It was just the Dye Cut "P.E." as you can see on the front hub.

I think the front and rear were both 10mm "thro bolt" design so Im not totally sure what that extra 14mm spindle is for.
Oh, and from the look of it, that rear hub is a RIGHT hand drive one (They came in RH or LH drive)

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 02:21 PM »
They both came with decals at some point but I didnt sort that out. Cyclone Cycles put them on themselves before they sold them. It was just the Dye Cut "P.E." as you can see on the front hub.

I think the front and rear were both 10mm "thro bolt" design so Im not totally sure what that extra 14mm spindle is for.
Oh, and from the look of it, that rear hub is a RIGHT hand drive one (They came in RH or LH drive)

Wow, thank goodness the rear is right hand drive otherwise I'd have really F'd up. Didn't even think about it.

Cool about the decals, I thought as much. Would the rear have been smaller? If so any chance you can give me the dimensions of the decal for the rear Alex? I have a friend with a die cutter machine you see.

That's strange about the 14mm axle then isn't it? I wonder what it's for. I guessed they would fit both with a bearing, cone, crush washer change and assumed as you pioneered 14mm that it was legit. Odd.

I only need 10mm so am happy.

Anyone want a 14mm axle?

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Wow, thank goodness the rear is right hand drive otherwise I'd have really F'd up. Didn't even think about it.

I cant be sure, but it looks like the freewheel is on the normal way round.

Cool about the decals, I thought as much. Would the rear have been smaller? If so any chance you can give me the dimensions of the decal for the rear Alex? I have a friend with a die cutter machine you see.

I dont have anything. I didnt even really see any of those stickers. They were put on the hubs when they were out of my hands.
(Acutally, I think Cyclone sent me a set of stickers for a pair of hubs on my bike. I'll have a look. They are on my HAF)

That's strange about the 14mm axle then isn't it? I assumed as you pioneered 14mm that it was legit. Odd.

PE Hubs were 10mm tho bolts. It was before most (any) frames had 14mm slots and I wanted to make hubs that'd fit anyones bike without having to cut it about. Sure, 14mm makes sense and its become standard (on the rear) now, but I had a go at sticking with 10mm

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 08:28 AM »
those hubs look sweet as!!  nice score!  :daumenhoch:

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Well I got the hubs and they are pretty sweet.

A couple of points and further questions though.

Alex, what tool do I need to change the  freewheel? The whole unit seems to be on a threaded steel section which threads into the alloy hub. This is loose from the alloy hub at the moment and the seller has said this is to allow building of the wheel. However, it looks like you tighten it up with something similar to a small freewheel tool. I can't seem toi find my words, but basically if you unscrew the freewheel the insert comes out. Should it be loc-tited in or something?

Finally if you take the alloy cones off that 14mm axle fits through the centre, but there are no cones so it won't work. Otherwise using the 10mm axle it floats in the cenral portion of the hub and would appear the 10mm axle is only supported by some small parts of the cones, is that right?

Any help would be appreciated.

SaMAlex

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 12:41 PM »
Dr Rob. Im happy to help, but it was 15 years ago. I dont know!!! :crazy2:  :LolLolLolLol:

Give me a call and we'll talk about it. I'll PM you my number  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 02:36 PM »
Dr Rob. Im happy to help, but it was 15 years ago. I dont know!!! :crazy2:  :LolLolLolLol:

Give me a call and we'll talk about it. I'll PM you my number  :daumenhoch:

hey Doc looks like you pulled!

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 02:03 PM »
hey Doc looks like you pulled!

You should have seen what he "accidentally" wrote in the pm.... :2funny:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 07:44 PM »
the freewheel removal is an arse without making a tool to lock the center or youll get know where fast
i adapted an old socket with bits to catch the notches and it came of with some effort,if i can find it will send it up.

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43 AM »
the freewheel removal is an arse without making a tool to lock the center or youll get know where fast
i adapted an old socket with bits to catch the notches and it came of with some effort,if i can find it will send it up.

That'd be great to borrow Dan, I'd just need it to loosen the current one and could send it straight back.

Alex, sorry I haven't rung, I've had no free time with work, feeling so tired lately. Roll on Christmas.

SaMAlex

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 12:22 PM »
I think I had a tool to take them appart. It was much like a freewheel removing tool but it was just a cross. You put in in a vice like a freewheel tool.

Call me whenever you can, no hurry  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 04:31 PM »
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  FAO OF MR LEECH

gfxgfx
gfx gfx