gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 03, 2024, 04:57 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  my s&m dirtbike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: my s&m dirtbike  (Read 2029 times)

seagei

my s&m dirtbike
« on: January 01, 2011, 11:57 AM »
hi all, just joined up after a chap called kev sent me over. had a look around and enjoying it. i have always wanted an old s&m dirt bike and when one popped up cheap i couldnt turn it down. its a bit battered and i plan to do a full resto on it. im after the origanal stickers if anyone can help? have been told that someone called del might be able to help? anyone know how to get hold of him?
im not to sure of the year but here she is-

and heres my daily ride. a standard 250 again i dont know the year. i cant stand all the new lightweight stuff and i mostly ride street so this can take the abuse.

cheers, sean.
p.s sorry if this is in the wrong section.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:02 PM by seagei »

motomagII

Re: my s&m dirtbike
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 12:01 PM »

seagei

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 12:15 PM »
thanks for the quick reply.  :)
Sean

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 04:01 PM »
hello it was me who directed you here :LolLolLolLol:

glad u joined up, your dirtbike is a 1&1/8th so its a prob a 96 or a 97 (my 97 holmes has the same downtube stickers)

check out the del's decal gallery to see the quality of his decals :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=77984.0

gobshite

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 12:09 AM »
nice frame that,

del sorted the dirtbike sticker for this one i was having a fettle of so should be able to do you a pair,
3 layer, came out thick and very high quality,

the bel-air downtube script might be a little tricky though, dont know of any scans of it floating around,

closer up,

trls250 is very cool too, whats with the seat post?

welcome :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:14 AM by darksunday »

SaMAlex

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 12:45 AM »
Nice dirbike. Love the green

I got my first oversize dirtbike in 97, It was a Next Gen dirtbike and it came with those stickers. The "thrasher" toptube and the foil scrip dowtube. I had a few sets of the downtube one but I think Ive used them all now. I'll see if Ive got a clear photo of one.

seagei

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:16 AM »
cheers guys.

Darksunday- have sent a pm to del, hopefully he can do it for me. as for the seatpost on the standard the previous owner decided to hack it off  >:( and i was told that a seatpost would wedge in there. but that didnt work so i had to buy one of them animal wedge posts. does the trick i guess but id rather a clamp.

S&MAlex- that would be great if you come across a photo.

Sean.

calmac

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 02:54 PM »
Nice to see another survivor dirtbike, mine was a @96 chrome frame from "CAPTAIN" on the site, was my second build & i love it.
Cool standard too, obviously a man of taste.

Calum

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  my s&m dirtbike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx