gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Oldschool Mongoose pad? Abbey Spitfire info.......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Oldschool Mongoose pad? Abbey Spitfire info.......  (Read 2732 times)

goose0148

Oldschool Mongoose pad? Abbey Spitfire info.......
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:56 PM »
Hi All hope your all well :daumenhoch:

Can anybody help me? Is anyone out there selling an oldschool handlebar pad in black for my supergoose?

Also does anybody know when the Abbey Spitfire were manufactured and between what dates? :daumenhoch:

All input would be greatly appreciated thanks guys and gals  :daumenhoch:

Kind wishes
   Matt
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 05:15 PM by bobafett »

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: Oldschool Mongoose pad? Abbey Spitfire info.......
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 05:16 PM »

mongoose pad - try US ebay and stick a wanted thread up on here  :daumenhoch:

Abbey Spifire ? No idea.

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26 PM »
I caught that abbey spitfire when it was listed and messaged them with an offer to buy it. [£55 posted] I reckon by their response the auction will be pulled before it ends as they think they've got a skyway and want skyway money for it

What i can tell you is this about that bike is this. . .  I own this bike. . . .

it is a very late 80's, maybe even an early 90's leftover bmx made by townsend and apart from the wheels,seat and the brakes, they are identical, every single bit of it is the same, mine is obviously not in the same condition [yet!! my son is turning it into a white skyway TA!!] but i paid peanuts for it, less than the mags are worth, now they are clean they are minty minty white]. The frame although very similar to an Akisu teardrop downtube it is not, the quality is nowhere near and lacks a rear dropout serial.

The stand out thing on that bike as i'm pretty sure you've already eagle eyed is the possibility that they are real DC's in red with matching levers, and that tasty red seat

I wanted just because i love these old cheap bikes from bitd as i the best BMX i had back then was a burner, the cheaper bikes hold all the memories, I thought £55 was fair game

Hope this info helps
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:29 PM by Jaymz »

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Unlikely to be DC mx brakes, no QR, and no semi adjusters, not guaranteed, but probable..

Good nick tho....
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

goose0148

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Thanks for the scoop chaps it went for 39 quid didnt it in the end? suppose the parts are worth that for a build i reckon they'll have been unamed copy mx gear on it though  :LolLolLolLol:  :knuppel2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Oldschool Mongoose pad? Abbey Spitfire info.......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx