gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 17, 2024, 11:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  setting up evolver
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: setting up evolver  (Read 976 times)

motomagII

setting up evolver
« on: April 28, 2006, 06:36 PM »
right fitted evolver rear last night and it worked like really crap .its rear with single cable no giro .the cable goes thru frame and into straddle then the straddle cable is attatched .the downtube and straddle cable are mega close but dont touch when the brake is pulled on and cannot be any longer.because there is no giro etc there are no adjusters except the lever one .and the pads have been chaged to skyway blocks on alloy rims which made them bit better ?am i missing summat obvious to set em up better .bit dim with this new school mallarky  :uglystupid2:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: setting up evolver
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 07:20 PM »
when you tighten alen key are you putting caliper under plus or negative tension make sure they are the same.

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 07:32 PM »
have you a cable adjuster down at the downtube cable stop? should also be one there to aid adjustment / tensioning.
also make sure the right colour of spring is in the correct brake arm and try and give them both the same amount of adjustment as harris says above, by turning the big flat nut (flat cone spanner works good for this, but not critical, and it doesn't take much to tension them anyway) whilst keeping the allen screw still, then tightening this down to keep everything snug.
since you've only a single cable and no gyro, etc, it really should be a bl**dy good brake you end up with, so it's probably something fairly minor giving you cr@p at the minute.
good luck!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 08:51 PM »
i will have a look at it at bones, if you dont get it sorted, i run evolvers on mine.
I want to touch ORB

scary_leary

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:00 PM »
i will have a look at it at bones, if you dont get it sorted, i run evolvers on mine.

For fook sake phil...not another nite on the spanners

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 08:10 AM »
cheers for the offer mate but this bike isnt the bones ride its just a thrash ride for dirt etc or young un to trash really .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  setting up evolver

gfxgfx
gfx gfx