gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 05:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  warranty replacement frame has arrived
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: warranty replacement frame has arrived  (Read 1695 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
warranty replacement frame has arrived
« on: October 21, 2010, 09:23 PM »
and its a..............................

dirtbike!!!

there was a bit of confusion and 4down thought the dirtbike was discontinued hence why i didnt know what frame to go for

a quick email to moeller and he said that the dirtbike hasnt been discontinued

got back to 4down and they ordered me one

unfortunatly yellow has been discontinued as a stock colour and as mine is a warranty replacement i couldnt have a custom colour done

so im off to the powdercoaters tomorrow to have it stripped and powdered yellow :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

a big thanks to tom @4down warranty deptartment for sorting it all out and putting up with my emails asking for updates :LolLolLolLol:

and to stodgy for providing me with a pdf of my original receipt

Bettyswallocks

Re: warranty replacement frame has arrived
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Build it up and see what it looks like, i reckon it'll look good looking at your old one in your sig pic...  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Leave it red just get some yellow DIRT BIKE decals made up :)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 11:13 PM »
no chance of it being built up, ive stripped all the decals off and it will be powdercoated yellow as i loved my yellow dirtbike

i got s&m to send me a spare set of decals so i can put them back on once its painted yellow :daumenhoch:

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:45 AM »
yep 21in tt & 14in rear end

any more news from 4down about your custom?

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 11:25 AM »
what a arseache that sounds!!

having it shipped to a usa address then shipped onto you sounds the best idea

have u emailed moeller telling him about this? im sure he would be interested as its potentially costing him customers

also i pressume they cant do for you what they did for alex as i assume he didnt have to go through a retail shop for his frame

what about stodgy at the rad shop is there anyway he could help out?

my dirtbike is at the powdercoaters now and just gotta wait 2 weeks for it to be done (although it may be sooner due to a friend having inside connections :LolLolLolLol:)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:28 AM by kev s »

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 12:40 PM »
no dan's not doing it a local powder company are

the frame is gonna be used and abused so there's no point spending £100 on one of dan's show winning powdercoats

a local powder company im using have done loads of frames, bike parts & car parts for me and my mates over the years and only charge £35 for a frame bars and crank and they do a real good job

thats what i dont understand, mine and alex's frames both came over in a container with the regular orders and they were both posted out direct to us from 4down so wy not do that with custom orders?

oh well if dave cant sort anything out then just do what u said and have it shipped to usa address

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Hey Chaps, it's tricky with custom orders...
Alex's frame was sent from S&M to 4down an S&M Familia rider ' thankyou' for being one of the ealy S&M team. In 4down's case, they import stuff, pay a price, then make a profit on it when they sell it on to the shops - they dont sell direct to customers. so, it would be anightmare for them to just import and pass on custome made frames without any profit - it just wouldnt work in a business sense as theyd have to charge more for their time and mark up etc.
SO, the only way is to order it direct and either ship it here, or send it to the USA - your idea Glen sounds good - send it to the USA, then ship here marked down in value!
And Kev, all warranty replacement frames are sent to 4down then out to the customer as that is a whole sepreate warranty business, rather than straight sales.
Hope that helps, good to see a red dirtbike frame, I love them!
steve

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 03:59 PM »
ahh that clears things up a bit steve :daumenhoch:

i do like it in red but yellow is where its at :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

andy619

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 02:41 PM »
I've sent a frame to the UK before, and it only cost $58.  I can't remember how much it was insured for, less than $100 I think, but the insurance was included in the shipping price.  $150 for shipping seems a bit steep for a frame.  That said, I wouldn't under-insure a new frame because if it does get lost in the mail you are not going to be happy with the result.  Best of luck Glen.

Kev-stoked you got your dirtbike, the red looked pretty sweet too.

andy619

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Andy, are you in the USA?

yes, about 70 miles south of S&M.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  warranty replacement frame has arrived

gfxgfx
gfx gfx