gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 08:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Another bargain, another flash...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another bargain, another flash...  (Read 1952 times)

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Another bargain, another flash...
« on: October 19, 2010, 02:19 PM »
After seeing martyc'c post regarding his flash on sunday I thought I would see if winstanleys had found anymore HB racing forks and I sw this so snipered it up straight away. It came as a frame only and has a couple of chips and the odd tiny scratch but hasnt been built up. The last flash I got from them was a 99 in its original box with forks and tensioners for £49.99 and this was just frame only for £49.99. Im after a couple of HB super stems and a couple of pairs of the HB race forks if anybody has any they want to part with.
Now shall I build this one???

thecaptain

Re: Another bargain, another flash...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 05:45 PM »
get it built! awesome looking frame, aint seen a red one in years

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:28 PM »
I had only seen a red one in bmxmuseum, it will be built at some point but ive just finsihed prepping another 99' flash which will be off to powdercoaters on my lunch break from college tommorow. I need a ramp room model with 990 mounts and then I have every version.

teamsano

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:24 AM »
a thing of beauty.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:59 AM »
 :) Anyone have info on specs of complete Flash bikes? My last one had Primo race cranks on,did these come only on the Flash or were they an aftermarket part?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 03:17 PM »
I have an advert for the complete bikes, I'll dig it out and post if up later  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

proxy10

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 09:03 AM »
interesting! It's the 1st time I ever get to see such a thing.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 04:11 PM »

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 06:13 PM »
Its a shame I never got the red forks with the frame. Im still after some flash/race forks if anybody has a set going spare. Im currently working on another 99 flash frame which would be nice in the yellow. The hoffman race bars ive got are a strange width at 25". It looks like the red one ive got is abit too short for me to ride(to my liking) so I may just build it up as to factory spec.

Matt

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 04:16 PM »
Its a shame I never got the red forks with the frame. Im still after some flash/race forks if anybody has a set going spare. Im currently working on another 99 flash frame which would be nice in the yellow. The hoffman race bars ive got are a strange width at 25". It looks like the red one ive got is abit too short for me to ride(to my liking) so I may just build it up as to factory spec.

Matt

What's the top tube length of your Flash?  Mine is 20.25" and feels really nice to ride although it's only had a short cruise, standover is really good and it feels pretty good and I'm 6ft tall.

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Ive not measured it pal but just refering to the lengths on the 97 advert, which may not actually be centre to centre measurements. My newer flash xls's are 21.25" centre to centre.

Matt

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 08:25 PM »
 :) Be cool if Hoffman resurrected the Flash with lighter tubing,integrated headtube,Euro bb.....

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 12:33 PM »
I had a few bits arrive from the US today, 3 x sets of Nos hoffman flash decal kits and 2 x flash forks, one being red to match the NOS red flash frame I had. I was going to sell the red frame not so long ago as I had given up on finding a matching set of red forks.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:38 PM by mattfx81 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Another bargain, another flash...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx