gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:56 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  CW Cali Boulevard Resto *Pg 7 update 22/6/11 Pics Added *
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CW Cali Boulevard Resto *Pg 7 update 22/6/11 Pics Added *  (Read 24163 times)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: CW Cali Boulevard Resto *LOOKING FOR ANOTHER CHROMER*
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Just read this from start to finish, truly shocking service :shocked:....sorry to hear of all your troubles :(

Did the chromer not offer you a full refund???

No refund  :2gunsfiring_v1: Its taken getin on for 3 months to get to this stage, I was lucky to get my bits back at all.
Off to another chromer now to spend another £200 on chrome.  :uglystupid2:
When is a good time to cut my losses  :-\ I must be fookin bonkers

Just heard Markyp's CW has just come back from the Chomers and had a similar experience   :(

griff

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2011, 07:20 PM »
No refund

fooking pirates  :knuppel2:

may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits.....

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2011, 08:54 PM »
No refund
may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits.....

;D :daumenhoch:

StellaAtoiz

« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2011, 08:58 PM »
jamroll.

Did you have to leave the chromer a deposit?

If not.....let me know and I will send him a total worthless wreck of a frame and fork set to be chromed...........and then I will do a Lord Lucan on him :daumenhoch:

Ya mess with 1 RAD member....you mess with em all >:D

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2011, 09:15 PM »
jamroll.

If not.....let me know and I will send him a total worthless wreck of a frame and fork set to be chromed...........and then I will do a Lord Lucan on him :daumenhoch:

you need to send one to about 90% of chromers  :'(
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2011, 09:45 PM »
jamroll.

whats up with your one mark?
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2011, 01:32 PM »
jamroll.

No deposit required my friend  :daumenhoch:
Custom Metal Polishers - 023 9269 9441
a load if phantom bookings maybe???

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2011, 01:34 PM »

Dan, from wot i can gather Marks frame went in with some lush original chrome albeit a little dull and come out with New Nice Shiney Chrome but pitted to fook  :-\ :knuppel2:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2011, 02:36 PM »

Dan, from wot i can gather Marks frame went in with some lush original chrome albeit a little dull and come out with New Nice Shiney Chrome but pitted to fook  :-\ :knuppel2:

Glue thrown at it then rolled in sand before chroming apparently.   :'( :'(
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #109 on: February 08, 2011, 05:13 PM »

Just heard Markyp's CW has just come back from the Chomers and had a similar experience   :(

Doesnt surprise me, Hockley Chrome are fooking useless.  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #110 on: February 08, 2011, 05:22 PM »

yup,feel really let down,they did an awesome job on my flights then lash up my frameset.talking to superbikedan about it he thinks that it was left in the gunk tank to long and the stripper pitted the metal,its the only explanation as to why a mint frameset with no rust turns out so bad. :-[
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #111 on: February 08, 2011, 05:37 PM »

yup,feel really let down,they did an awesome job on my flights then lash up my frameset.talking to superbikedan about it he thinks that it was left in the gunk tank to long and the stripper pitted the metal,its the only explanation as to why a mint frameset with no rust turns out so bad. :-[

Gutted for you mate, I think the Hockley thread should be removed from the Tech section. Have stupidly used them twice and therework is sub standard and they dont meet there deadlines when it comes to doing the work.  :angrysoapbox:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #112 on: February 08, 2011, 05:44 PM »

Gutted for you mate, I think the Hockley thread should be removed from the Tech section. Have stupidly used them twice and therework is sub standard and they dont meet there deadlines when it comes to doing the work.  :angrysoapbox:
the thing that annoys me the most is that in their thread they say 'we give it a CONSIDERABLE  polish'.thats the one thing that annoys everybody the most about chromers,the lack of polishing but hockley say they give it the full works,could have fooled me,looks like no polishing at all was done to my cw  :'(
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2011, 05:46 PM »
And I bet they had it longer than originally quoted?

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2011, 05:55 PM »
And I bet they had it longer than originally quoted?
no to be fair they said 2-3 months and they were bang on ,about 10 weeks,id rather it taken 10 months tho and turned out decent :-\
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2011, 05:57 PM »
My new chromers have just stripped my frame and have informed me thatin there Word "No Fookin Way" my frame even saw a polisher before it was chromed. Just really pisses me off that I've been taken for a complete mug.
Mark & I have been fooked in the arse   :crazy2: and there is nowt we can do about it  :-X

curtispro

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Sorry to hear the horror stories  :knuppel2: I had my Curtis Frame, Forks and Bars done at Hockleys and was impressed with the finish, although it was my first restore and the frame was in a bad and way I may be looking at in in rose tinted glasses  :laugh:, anyhow my brother-in-law was over at the weekend and works at a foundry in the Midlands making lots of exotic things out of metal, I showed him my recent restored kids bike, told him all about the work that went into it and basically he was not that impressed with the finish, he's gonna put me in touch with who they use as he says they are the best in the business  !!!!! and when he spoke to them they have done BMX re-chrome's. I will get the details of him and let you know.  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Sorry to hear the horror stories  :knuppel2: I had my Curtis Frame, Forks and Bars done at Hockleys and was impressed with the finish, although it was my first restore and the frame was in a bad and way I may be looking at in in rose tinted glasses  :laugh:, anyhow my brother-in-law was over at the weekend and works at a foundry in the Midlands making lots of exotic things out of metal, I showed him my recent restored kids bike, told him all about the work that went into it and basically he was not that impressed with the finish, he's gonna put me in touch with who they use as he says they are the best in the business  !!!!! and when he spoke to them they have done BMX re-chrome's. I will get the details of him and let you know.  :daumenhoch:
nice one,we need a 100% confirmed pukka chromer on here.someone could do very nicely off of rad
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Mark that sucks  :knuppel2: My chromer is Brilliant 2 b honest never had a problem with their chroming . But they did break my heart tho when then basterdised my MRD Pro  :rant:  :wtf: got compensation in the end tho  ;) other people have used them and had problems   :shocked: So I won't b recommending them even if I have sent loads of people there that have been very happy .

Compensation Chroming Pics The show chrome on this stuff is the Dogs Bollox  8)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2011, 08:48 PM »
thats exactly how you expect it to turn out steve,looks the nuts,why cant they all get it like that :2gunsfiring_v1:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Because in my mind u need 2 take it 2 the right people who care.  ::) Then I always go in and talk 2 the right bloke who will listen 2 what u want  ;) The top honcho at my chromers is a Tit 2 b honest I always bypass the Cnut.  :LolLolLolLol: then most times I ask if i can talk 2 the polisher so can point out things like not trashing weld areas etc  ::) When i had some rims polished a while back I explained 2 him not 2 polish the sharp edges away and he did a superb job.

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2011, 05:45 PM »
You still using ACF Howells Steve?  They been pretty good with my stuff but did have to compensate me for a redline chainring they ruined  :-\  got a load more stuff to do now

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Yes mate still using Howells in Walsall buddy . Got some more bars 2 get done some time soon  ::) may be a F&F if I get my finger out  :LolLolLolLol:  restoring a pair of star Bars 4 Markyp at the moment and 2 say they r tricky is an understatement  :shocked: i got them 2 chrome the JMC Shadow that the gay pensioner has now and they did a shit hot job of that , even chromed the clamp bolt  ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 07:05 PM by ANIMAL »

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Why does it do that if I put the gay pensioner in ???:LolLolLolLol:

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Was going to get another frame done but going to go with powder now ... but i got a big pile of cranks, bars, posts, pedals, rims etc to be done... used them loads and they only fooked one small thing up so it aint been bad ...  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  CW Cali Boulevard Resto *Pg 7 update 22/6/11 Pics Added *

gfxgfx
gfx gfx