gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tuf Neck Stem + Odyssey Hollow Bolt
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tuf Neck Stem + Odyssey Hollow Bolt  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Tuf Neck Stem + Odyssey Hollow Bolt
« on: October 11, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Hey dudes,

Does anyone know if the Odyssey Hollow Stem Bolts that are available on ebay fit an old school Tuf Neck Stem?

Cheers

John

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Re: Tuf Neck Stem + Odyssey Hollow Bolt
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:12 AM »
Looks like it would do the job just fine - worth a shot for £6 total  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:22 AM »
Cheers fella.... just seem to remember an issue from BITD with Tuf Neck stems that only certain "Potts" bolts would fit them ???

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Can't remember anyone having a problem I knew? is it these ones you are looking at?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=120629281746&Category=56194

someone might tell you different if they've had experience - worth a punt though for the money  :daumenhoch:

Dylan Thomas

ozone

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Can't remember anyone having a problem I knew? is it these ones you are looking at?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=120629281746&Category=56194

someone might tell you different if they've had experience - worth a punt though for the money  :daumenhoch:

The hollow bolt does go throught the hole but the Odyssey has a different wedge to the Tuf Neck.  The thread pattern is different so you can't use the Tuf neck wedge with the Odyssey bolt.  The stem bolt will secure the stem when you tighten it up so could be used for show I guess.  I have seen people grind the base of a Tuck neck quill so it works with a standard wedge but I couldn't do it myself.

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 01:44 PM »

The hollow bolt does go throught the hole but the Odyssey has a different wedge to the Tuf Neck.  The thread pattern is different so you can't use the Tuf neck wedge with the Odyssey bolt.  The stem bolt will secure the stem when you tighten it up so could be used for show I guess.  I have seen people grind the base of a Tuck neck quill so it works with a standard wedge but I couldn't do it myself.

Good shout fella... I knew there was an issue somewhere along the line! Need it for a rider so thanks for the info buddy  :daumenhoch:

ozone

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 02:48 PM »

Good shout fella... I knew there was an issue somewhere along the line! Need it for a rider so thanks for the info buddy  :daumenhoch:

There is a way around it now I think about it.  You can get a wedge which is the same shape as a Suntour wedge that will fit the hollow bolt and works with Tuf Neck stem shaft (wedge is like an L shape, not just a triangle)  Somebody on here probably has one in their tool box or you could try to find a complete hollow bolt that has the Suntour style wedge...  :)

ozone

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 04:43 PM »
Thanks again MR Ozone  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 05:36 PM »
someone might tell you different if they've had experience

what did I say  :angel:

Dylan Thomas

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tuf Neck Stem + Odyssey Hollow Bolt

gfxgfx
gfx gfx