gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Info on Huffy Racing 30
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Info on Huffy Racing 30  (Read 3703 times)

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
Info on Huffy Racing 30
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:59 PM »
Anyone got any info on the Huffy Racing 30 boys bike. I have a frame,forks,bars,seat and pads i also have a few other parts but dont know if they belong? so pistures or anything please as im looking at building this for my son hopefully ready for next summer :)
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Info on Huffy Racing 30
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35 PM »
I have a frame,forks,bars,seat and pads i also have a few other parts but dont know if they belong? so pistures or anything please

classicfan1 vintagebmx
  ;D ..... aaaaahhh.... sorry, still looking

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 12:58 AM »
not much luck so far
(<--http://www.schwinnbike.com/care/Community/forums/showthread.php't=34815 -- dumpster_diver's bike)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 07:38 AM »
I have a huffy racing 50

i have the correct saddle for one of those in perfect condition for sale

here's a line up of all the bits from the survivor i bought

i notice you are missing the crank, this you will find wouldve been only 115mm crank arms, mine did and i swapped it out for a longer one, but you cant pedal round corners, and i just sold the original [short] crank, it was mint too. the front sprockets are tiny, i can count the teeth on mine for you, although i have a gold one i'm putting on soon so the original spocket will be up for grabs.

Is yours coastered, cant tell in the pics? you scored well on the brakes, mine came with the original polygon mx copy on the rear, oh and i have the set of huffy grips that came off mine too, i have got all the original fleccies, but they are on reserve for NEILVW at the monent

Parts i have are:

Saddle
Sprocket soon
Grips
oh and the chainguard
and the original seat post which is an odd diameter 21.8mm or something like that, it flares at the top outwards to fit the seat guts, really skinny frame
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:46 AM by Jaymz »

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:56 AM »
oh i will add, if your lad is going to be a bit hard on it, then replace the gooseneck, i've heard bitd they were synonomous with snapping, also mine creaks and squeaks like theres no tomorrow when riding!!!

and does yours have the 8mm wheel axels on the front???

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:04 AM by Jaymz »

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Cheers guys a little to go on there.
I reckon i have the chainring and crank in a box so thats all good, reckon the wheels are going to be a pain to get! what size are they???

Yeah not got the gooseneck so ill use and old sr ive got loads of them hanging around.
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:27 PM »
the wheels are 20inchers

heres a public link to my facebook album with loads of close ups of my huffy see if that helps at all, if it doesnt work, i'll get the pics to you another way, if there are an specific ones you want close up let me know and i;'ll take them for you

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=222375&id=668306941&l=73bae8d20a

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 08:33 PM »
No way really the frame looks tiny??? so what does the 30 mean maybe your 50 is bigger?
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 08:46 PM »
No way really the frame looks tiny??? so what does the 30 mean maybe your 50 is bigger?

i couldnt tell you tbh. I have to say that the decals on the huffy 30's look to be of a later design than mine, my 50 is runoured now to be of late 70's early 80s descent and not mid 80's as i was led to beleive.

Does your frame look smaller than mine?  If you dont have the original wheels then i reckon you are going to be in for a fun time as my front forks have 8mm axels in them and the rears are 10mm. I've never seen a 8mm bmx wheel before this, although i'm pretty sure you could find an 8mm and swap out the axels, i do it with 14mm down to 10mm's all the time

If you need any bits let me know, i found the original grips today as well in the shed in very good rider condition, i stuck repop mush's on mine, it was my first build i didnt know any different back then

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Ill put up some piccis tomorrow so you can see, yeah i reckon im gunna have some fun getting parts to but i wont get alot for it some i reckon ill just be keeping my fingers crossed aznd eyes peeled.
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Ill put up some piccis tomorrow so you can see, yeah i reckon im gunna have some fun getting parts to but i wont get alot for it some i reckon ill just be keeping my fingers crossed aznd eyes peeled.

The one good thing about these lower end huffy's is they were built from the parts bin, so none of the parts will break the bank, they will just be a pain to find!! Bit like my stinger aero, had to replace loads on that, but to keep it faithful to roriginal i had by copies of all the well known parts!!! was a tricky build, good luck and keep us posted, its nice to see someone else playing with a huffy, i have 3 of them and thought i was on my own with them!!

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Ok here is a pic of what i have. Now i have two cranks here the slightly bigger one is a tiago.

WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 09:44 PM »
:laugh: VoilĂ  !

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 10:43 PM »
fook me i know have an instruction manual  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 12:27 AM »
...saddle seems to be original. Dammit, what we need is a Huffy database!! All I can come up with is this Huffy site http://huffybmx.wordpress.com/.
Maybe the owner knows more -- I think this is him, Erik and his E-Mail then would be bulletproof2000[AT]live.com.  :smiley6600:

Great to see dem ol' Huffys tryin to come back  :smitten: :daumenhoch:

Offline Twesnik

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2010, 02:05 PM »
...saddle seems to be original. Dammit, what we need is a Huffy database!! All I can come up with is this Huffy site http://huffybmx.wordpress.com/.
Maybe the owner knows more -- I think this is him, Erik and his E-Mail then would be bulletproof2000[AT]live.com.  :smiley6600:

Great to see dem ol' Huffys tryin to come back  :smitten: :daumenhoch:
Good old Huffy's.....
Hmmmm,Huffy Data-Base?
A lot off Huffy's are over-seas,where they where made......
U can ask any question there......
Not 2 me,known Huffy,but not all types!

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Ok here is a pic of what i have. Now i have two cranks here the slightly bigger one is a tiago.

Quite a few shared parts that are the same as mine, the saddle is definately later than the one I. Have

Cant see the pics all that well as im on myphone,

The grips kook the same, I have set in a nice condition, your seatpost clamp comes off, mines integrated to the frame and the bars are slightly different shape.  really intrested in seeing this build progress

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 11:01 PM »
[/IMG]http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/twesnik/HPIM4613.jpg[/img]
Zat your "Pro-Lightning Factory (Aero-Tubing) with all '83 era-correct parts" ? :) mjam..

Do you have any idea where we could find some info on a HUFFY RACING 30 ?!?  :laugh:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 07:46 AM »
for such an iconic american that has had some amazing riders there is very little information available around, I too have come accross the blog that fishflo found while on my hunt for info, as you all know i have 3 and know very little about any of them, the midschool one i dont even know the model name of it!!!!

And know i can see the photos properly on a large pc monitor, you 30 is pretty much identical framewise to my 50 even down to the 'slot in' rear drop outs!!! So yours would've had a coaster brake on it like mine, but i wouldnt suggest putting one on as its gears the bike so badly your legs go round at 200 revolutions per seconnd but the bike gets nowhere, i have recently upped the tooth count on the front of mine with a nice gold chainwheel but it has made very little difference to top speed

Be interested to see the forks side on to see if they have the 8mm or 10mm wheel axels

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Cheers for all the help guys but i reckon im gunna let nthis one go, i have been looking around for parts and it seems if i want to get it close to original im gunna have to buy stateside! so loads of money spenton postage  :(
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 07:52 PM »
what a shame :( although might be interested in the padset if you split the remains

Offline Twesnik

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 09:21 AM »
[/IMG]http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/twesnik/HPIM4613.jpg[/img]
Zat your "Pro-Lightning Factory (Aero-Tubing) with all '83 era-correct parts" ? :) mjam..

Do you have any idea where we could find some info on a HUFFY RACING 30 ?!?  :laugh:
Feel free 2 ask any question on bmxmuseum.com!
Free membership,just signed up.
There's a thread called name it........
Should come up,with some Huffy anwers about any type!
Pro-Lightning near ready,lacing up the Araya's.....
Decalls custom made.....
Cant whait..

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Info on Huffy Racing 30

gfxgfx
gfx gfx