gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 02:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  which cruiser?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: which cruiser?  (Read 7755 times)

losidan

which cruiser?
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:02 AM »
Morning gents.

Cycle to work window opens for us again today and I was going to see if I could bag a cruiser on it. I think with my budget i (circa 350) am looking at;
Intense
Haro pro
Floval flyer?

But....which one is the best option. I'm certainly built for comfort at 15.5 stone and height wise 5' 11". Usage is a bit of club racing to begin and the odd regional and just messing around at the track/trails. Wondered what you reckoned is the weapon of choice for me and best value. If you have these and can tell me what you think of yours or any potentials I have missed that would be great too.

Initially I was erring to the haro as I used to have the pro xl 20" and thought it was great....that said I had the intense pro xl 20 and that wasn't too shabby either!

Cheers ahead

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: which cruiser?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:07 AM »
 :) The Haro seems a sensible choice.Have you considered a Redline Proline 24 if you can stretch a bit? The lower priced Intense bikes seem a bit flimsy IMO-I`m forever fixing replacing the parts on them.

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:32 AM »
i reckon floval is best out of those at the price level .but they arent importing wem into uk no more so may be hard to get one .
get second hand you get more for money as said redlines are mint

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:51 AM »
I think they're all reasonable frames which is a good starting point in my book, others can comment about the durability of parts.
FWIW I did a lap on a well-used but stock Floval Flyer (in dubious circumstances at Manc national :10_2_12:) and it was absolutely fine. Bars were a little low for me but easy to flip the stem over, move spacers around etc.
I also have the same SE cranks and forks on my cruiser with no probs (~2 years for the cranks, which is good for me as I break plenty).

medved

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 12:29 PM »
i'd go with the floval flyer.

they are good for a larger rider.  the haro is quite short but light.  I haven't had good experiences with lower end Intense bikes.

basically the floval is a good solid bike with stable geometry and i beleive 180mm cranks  which might suit you.  the others come with 175mm cranks.

i also think the floval has a cassette hub and generally better components, but i'd say the haro is the most 'race spec' of the 3

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41 PM »
this years haro 24 rocks

got 4130 cranks aswell,,light and probs best outta the box race cruiser

losidan

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 06:18 PM »
ok chaps. So it would seem it is between the haro and floval with the floval being the best option. Had a look and triton cycles have the floval for £315 and winstanleys the haro for £350.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Go with the Floval, I love my 2011 model

Dingo

M5AT

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 07:19 PM »
Yeah, Floval, cool as took.

My eldest lad kicks about on this, coolest cat at his school on this coffee & cream baby-

baldbmxer

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 08:05 PM »
2012 Intense bikes are not available in this country at the moment.

Triton Imports are no importing SE Racing, although they dont have them at the monet they are due in around April  ;)

Haro's are available  :daumenhoch:

elevensies

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 08:32 PM »
To be fair they are all good for the money, but for me my choice would be the floval then the Haro, but the Haro is the easiest to get on the scheme, so there you have it.

Haro will do everything you want, and then some.

losidan

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 10:17 PM »
Thanks bud. That may narrow it to the haro then as I only have till end of march to get it sorted. For some reason they do it through a one month window every six months or so.

elevensies

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 11:28 PM »
Well hope your organisation makes it easier than mine, cos they are a pain in the ass for us to get anything that's a benefit for us,

The Haro is a nice bike I don't think you will be dissapointee, we have some as loaners at my club, which brings me to ask if your near a local club and track, see if they have any loan cruisers, so go have a blast on what they have and see what size suits you best.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59 AM »
Shiners still have stock of the 2011 Floval so you might get one at a good discount

Dingo

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 01:40 PM »
might give shiners a shout meself

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Can you buy directly from them though?  ???

losidan

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Cheers dingo.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 06:42 PM »
you cannot buy direct from Shiners, you need a trade account with them but I have a friend who's shop deals wth them  :coolsmiley:

Dingo

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 07:53 PM »

2012 chrome om..............fookin lush......... deffo having one of them  :smitten:

losidan

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 10:26 PM »
For some stupid reason our company only do it through halfords. They will source any make and model outside their normal range for weirdos like us who think a bike isn't a £99 apollo bso. So, I need to see if they will sort me one through them or via dingo's shop owning mate. Once again my employer proves it's skill of taking something simple and messing it up.

Jenks99

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 01:00 PM »
Oh my work does cycle to work bike sceme i never thought of buying a bmx thru it!  >:D

sam hudson

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 04:18 PM »

2012 chrome om..............fookin lush......... deffo having one of them  :smitten:

:LolLolLolLol: They are indeed...I had to import mine from SE in Germany, but it didn't cost £350!  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 05:10 PM »
I've just been told of another Floval breaking behind the head-tube... something to be aware of if you're planning to do more than use it as transport to the pub. On a more positive note my OM Flyer is still doing fine for daily commuting including some mild street riding (hopping obstacles etc).

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57 PM »
I've just been told of another Floval breaking behind the head-tube... something to be aware of if you're planning to do more than use it as transport to the pub. On a more positive note my OM Flyer is still doing fine for daily commuting including some mild street riding (hopping obstacles etc).

should I not be doing this on mine then? lol

Dingo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  which cruiser?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx