gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 02:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  haro Supra chrome-seat post stuck inside the seat post tube.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: haro Supra chrome-seat post stuck inside the seat post tube.  (Read 1026 times)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Managed to get a really good deal of the bay. Got a HARO BLAMMO/Supra and the seat post has been stuck inside the seat post area. But the post has been cut 2/3 inches below the top so its stuck inside. Any ideas as to getting it out. Drilling and snagging the drill then pulling. Getting a big enough tap and dye set then pulling.
Any more ideas ? Cheers Steve.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:36 PM by monkeybat »

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: haro Supra chrome-seat post stuck inside the seat post tube.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Try some WD40 leave it to soak, then bash it with a copper drift and hopefully the shock will get it moving.  Once it is moving then try snagged drill method  :daumenhoch:

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: haro Supra chrome-seat post stuck inside the seat post tube.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 06:32 PM »
I thought i should update the thread and to all who have this problem. Well it was a steel seatpost 25.5 stuck in a steel frame. It took my freinds a little head scratching effort. They had to weld a nut  inside the seat post(tricky) then they had a long bolt and threaded in the bolt and a flatplate at the top with a nut the otherside. One bloke was heating the bike seatpost up while the other was turning the nut thus bringing up the old seatpost . It had been soaked in oil by me then my freind for a week so it did have all the help it could get. Still had to sort out the job someone else did-drilled a hole in the bottom bracket to knock out the pipe, what a w@nker. The frame a has a cable guide accross the bottom of the seatpost above the bottom bracket for the rear brake. It was so obvious that you could not do that ? All jobs are complete, so is there anything i can use on chrome to bring it up, i have used autosol ? Cheers Steve.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  haro Supra chrome-seat post stuck inside the seat post tube.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx