gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 11:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  frame id ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: frame id ?  (Read 10183 times)

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: frame id ?
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2010, 12:03 AM »
.... Akisu also made frames for DB, some Burners and I think even Hutch. So can't be that bad....

what you mean, Bendy? You got news?  :LolLolLolLol:

someone shows your bike.....
http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/index.php's=ec3cd39f1eab999ded643b6d7bba321f&showtopic=27029939&st=0  ::)

.... and someone answers "I ave an Akisu Aero Pro with three holes like that." ::)
.... someone else says: "Those things with the three holes in the gusset were made by Taiwanese company Akisu."

ignore the talk  ... just the proximity of the button , the redline style gusset, the stamped drops (ok, the other kind) and the word
http://www.bmx-lounge.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=00006bbb1e3d32ddb697145c3710dae1&topic=4256.msg28125#msg28125
......."AKISU"  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:58 AM by fischflo »

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 09:00 PM »
no need to ask the owner
the 2nd link bike: "aero shark" ......... no gusset  :'(  (too bad, because the backward C in the serial# seems to be an akisu telltale sign) ... dropouts alsó slightly different
http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1731100   ..read post#9 -->LOL!
((anothetr aero shark, just cause the 'prism' decals are so cool    http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=247539&p=1
Anyway... i digress..oopps, gotta go  :smiley6600:

bloud

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 03:29 PM »
I recently picked up one of these here in the U.S. I've never heard of Kosoku or Akisu before this. Pretty sure it's not Akisu, those were Taiwanese made right and different dropouts/welds etc. I have a Flying Rhino (a.k.a Rhino Axeblade) also and the welds are almost exactly the same. This makes me think they are Japan/Tange made? It's also likely different manufacturers purchased the raw "aero" tubing etc. Maybe why there's different drop outs, chain stays etc.

What I am pretty sure of is that mine looks exactly like a Norco Spitfire Turbo with out the head badge. http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/norco/13089 It also looks exactly like the Frame at the beginning of this thread, except mine is missing the under gusset.

Not sure if you ever came to a final conclusion on yours.

Here's mine.

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Hi there mate  ;) I've not started work on mine

I see that what you say about different company's buying up aero tubing and welding it up to make what they needed for that bmx and geometry

how do your welds compare to mine ?

is your brake bridge like mine close up

would have liked mine to be a tange made frame for some lesser company as one of there top bikes but just can't be sure to say ?

just been looking at the norco bmx and seen one with the bottom brace

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/norco/3658

the norco's look to have a selection of different used parts to make up a frame - like we have seen with the akisu range - so maybe norco bought tubing to make frames for them selfs - any one have any more info on norco and there range of bikes - any mag ads ?

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

bloud

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 04:58 PM »
how do your welds compare to mine ?

is your brake bridge like mine close up

would have liked mine to be a tange made frame for some lesser company as one of there top bikes but just can't be sure to say ?

just been looking at the norco bmx and seen one with the bottom brace

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/norco/3658

the norco's look to have a selection of different used parts to make up a frame - like we have seen with the akisu range - so maybe norco bought tubing to make frames for them selfs - any one have any more info on norco and there range of bikes - any mag ads ?

cheers B  ;)

Our brake bridges are the same. My welds match that of Tange quality as I have a Tange Rhino Axeblade (Flying Rhino) and have had other Tange frames in the past. If it is Taiwanese made, then it's quality build.

Norco was just a brand/importer, they didn't actually manufacture. The Norco  and Kosoku are the closest match I have, just the head tube stickers/badge don't match.

Rodgy1970

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 05:18 PM »
I reckon thats another Akisu made frame, as said before in this thread Akisu made frames for loads of brands, if you wanted a frame made because you didn't have manufacturing capabilities you went to them and they made it, to differentiate the frames between the brands they made them slightly different by adding a gusset or using different tubing.  Akisu made Aero Replay/Aero Shark, Falcon Pro, Schwinn and Norco and possibly Haro and Redline.

The frames appear to be pretty good quality and I think the fact loads have survived backs this up.

bloud

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 05:24 PM »
I reckon thats another Akisu made frame, as said before in this thread Akisu made frames for loads of brands, if you wanted a frame made because you didn't have manufacturing capabilities you went to them and they made it, to differentiate the frames between the brands they made them slightly different by adding a gusset or using different tubing.  Akisu made Aero Replay/Aero Shark, Falcon Pro, Schwinn and Norco and possibly Haro and Redline.

The frames appear to be pretty good quality and I think the fact loads have survived backs this up.

I'm sure you are right. Tange did the same thing essentially. Hence all the variations there. I was just hoping to nail down the brand for mine. The Closest match is the Norco and Kosoku thus far, the only differences being the Headbadge and or sticker. I'll choose Norco if I can find a head badge.  :)

bloud

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Well, the plot thickens a little :P.. I got the forks that were on the frame when found. They are in fact Tange, and exactly the same forks on my Flying Rhino.

Some on the Museum came to the conclusion it was Akisu made like Tange. Just for sh!$'s and giggles here are three examples of drop out welds. First, the mystery frame, second Tange and third Akisu. Check out the difference between the mystery frame and an all "Akisu". They mystery frame is like 50/50, Tange on the outside, Akisu on the in.

Mystery Frame
Outside drop out welds

Inside drop out welds

Tange Frame
Outside drop out welds

Inside drop out welds

Akisu Frame
Outside drop out welds

Inside drop out welds

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  frame id ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx