gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Misfit Federal (pic heavy)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Misfit Federal (pic heavy)  (Read 980 times)

mamadirt

Misfit Federal (pic heavy)
« on: September 19, 2010, 05:13 PM »
Doesn't really belong in the midschool section and certainly not newschool but figured I'd put it here anyway.

Early 2ks is definitely my fave BMX era - used to spend hours in the woods digging with my sons - my old Nation was probably one of the builds I kept the longest and rode the most.  After my abandoned attempt to build a tiny PBR due to lack of funds I managed to score a barely used complete Fit Flow Park for £100 - waay too long for me but some cracking parts so the frame went on ebay and the search was on again for a short frame.  Spotted a 2003 Federal Nation frame in Winstanleys clearance section - only problem was that it was beige   :-\

Stickers peeled off easily enough though and within a couple of hours of delivery it looked like this . . .

Just got back from a quick roll around the local woodsy pump track - I'm blinkin' rubbish but I think I have a new favourite bike  :D

Forks, bars, post, brake and lever, Flow crankset and wheels came off the Fit complete, Trailmix pedals from the toolbox, UGP pad from under the stairs, Ody stem courtesy of ebay and a few new bits, namely Ody sprocket, Veteran seat (what else at my age  ;D ), Banton grips (bit thick for my liking but I got suckered in by the guitar logos  :-[ ), purple Ody brake cable and valve caps to add a touch more colour, Pig headset (no anorexia here thanks) and Aitkin dirt tyres (love 'em).  Spot on!

dodger

Re: Misfit Federal (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 05:48 PM »
fully agree that is a saucy build indeed bet thets no lightweight but nothing around that era was lol
kep up the good work.

mamadirt

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Yep it should have plenty of momentum  ;) - reckon it's around the 28-29lb mark - still lighter than my other two rides though.

dodger

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 09:51 PM »
tbh i think my s&m is going to be about that when finished lets see if i can still ride like i did back then on a 30lb beast lol

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Misfit Federal (pic heavy)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx