gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 06:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  flight bb help please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: flight bb help please  (Read 756 times)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
flight bb help please
« on: September 12, 2010, 05:28 PM »
ive had this beartrap 28t bb kicking about for a while and i was wondering if its flight crank compatable?im guessing as its a 28t then it will be just like the mongoose bb often used with flight cranks.my second question is that im guessing its only compatable with an early spindle such as  the dimple spindle??any help appreciated  chaps  :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

gossa

Re: flight bb help please
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Well it's been 25 years since I fitted one but if my memory serves, these are a tight fit to get the locknut on because of the integrated nut on the bb 'cone' thingy. There doesn/t seem to be enough thread on the dimpled axle. Mongoose BB's don't have that problem.

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Well it's been 25 years since I fitted one but if my memory serves, these are a tight fit to get the locknut on because of the integrated nut on the bb 'cone' thingy. There doesn/t seem to be enough thread on the dimpled axle. Mongoose BB's don't have that problem.
oh pants! :(
cheers gossa ,anymore advances ???
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:15 PM »
just been told by someone over on bmxmuseum.com that hes got this set up on his flights and it works fine???can anyone verify this? ???
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Hey Marky, I was after one of those 28T bb for ages for the pinchless flights on my next build. I finally got one from the states and was told it will work fine on the flights  :daumenhoch:

Not done the build yet though fella.. so can't guarantee it so fingers crossed  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Hey Marky, I was after one of those 28T bb for ages for the pinchless flights on my next build. I finally got one from the states and was told it will work fine on the flights  :daumenhoch:

Not done the build yet though fella.. so can't guarantee it so fingers crossed  :daumenhoch:
ooh pinchless flights :shocked:
looks like a goer then john fingers crossed,you go first :LolLolLolLol:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 11:57 PM »
looks like the correct set up for 401s to me  :daumenhoch: same as i have on my ripper that i've just been down offy on  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  flight bb help please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx