gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:12 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Latest Project begins :: Woolworths special
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Latest Project begins :: Woolworths special  (Read 580 times)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Latest Project begins :: Woolworths special
« on: September 11, 2010, 11:24 AM »
I recently purchased this Lew Ways Stinger Aero!! Yeah I know its a chainstore piece of tat, but for me that's where the memories lie, wishing we had redlines and skyways, but riding £149.99 bikes from woolworths!!

I bought it from this photo and although it looks pretty good, i was under no illusions of what be under the skin once i got it

straight out of the box on day of delivery

http://on closer inspection, it turns out that someone has painted the frame with a brush in old english white!! I can only imagine they did this in an effort to match the off white mags!!

having a good poke around, there only appears to be a few problem areas of corrosion, not all that much, so i set about with some wet and dry, removing the paint and sanding down to the original powder coat underneath you can see in this pic where the paint still sits in the welds

after an hour or so, i felt like i was flogging a dead horse, and scrapped the idea of rubbing all the old paint off, and have decided to strip the frame and repaint white, it will be easier

anyway, first thing purchased was a new set of 2.125 knobblies for it as the original gumwall wall tyres were a mess

that's about as far as i have got so far, but there is more to come . . .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Latest Project begins :: Woolworths special

gfxgfx
gfx gfx