gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 01:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  92 Hoffman Condor forks. Are they bent? Pics inside!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 92 Hoffman Condor forks. Are they bent? Pics inside!  (Read 619 times)

almasterb

92 Hoffman Condor forks. Are they bent? Pics inside!
« on: November 09, 2007, 06:23 PM »
I've got a set of forks for a 92 Condor. I've never seen another pair of them. I know most of them broke or bent, but i'm not sure if these are bent or just made this way. The rake looks ok but when you look down the fork legs, there are buckles in the tubes on the inside where the top of the dropout is welded. The dropouts are good. What do you think? Thanks, Alan.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: 92 Hoffman Condor forks. Are they bent? Pics inside!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 06:34 PM »
bent as a row of pink tents. right at the top of the dropout! the daylight lines wobble all the way round from the pics, showing the stress

almasterb

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 06:50 PM »
That's what I thought too, but was in denial. They came from Mat Hoffman himself in 93 so I figured they took a beating. Looks like I got a new boat anchor. Thank you.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:53 AM »
They are that shape from day one...

:daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

fuzzynod

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 11:51 PM »
Hey just seen this post been off the scene for a bit.
 They are all made like that.
Also if you look at the top of the legs where they are bent to join the steerer the radius varies from side to side this because they are made from one bend according to the racecar builder who does my repairs each end of a bend has a slightly different radius.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:54 PM »
trust what the fuzzmeister says,he had one of these long enough,i've seen the bike as well... factory!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  92 Hoffman Condor forks. Are they bent? Pics inside!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx