gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  my khe lagger with twin front brakes-now with how to
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: my khe lagger with twin front brakes-now with how to  (Read 2015 times)

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
my khe lagger with twin front brakes-now with how to
« on: September 02, 2010, 10:26 PM »
thought i would give a twin front brake setup a go,as i broke a couple of bones in my hand + couldn't use brake properly (i have my front brake on left)took a bit of getting used to but works ok

its just one long cable fed through ,works quite well 8)

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: my khe lagger with twin front brakes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:37 PM »
nice , but can't see the brake setup do some more close up pics of it, those stunt pegs are rad as is the frame

Glen

skidmark

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:15 PM »
Cool! doesn't the outer cable popout of the lever you aren't using though?
I've seen a couple of bikes with both levers working the front....I think what they had were 2 completely seperate cables running through oposing arms and anchoring into both brake arms.  Each lever works as a stopper that way.

Are those Graveyard bars?

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 10:31 PM »
heres my how to,hope this helps-all i used was 1 rear brake cable,an old gyro slug,2 cable stops + a g-sport nipple clamp (you could use 1 clamps you get with a hombre brake also)
to start with i used a slug from an old gyro cable as stops at the top of the stem- also make sure the outer cables are both cut to  the same length

feed the cable through to the brake as normal

then i put an old cable stop up to the brake bolt plate -the put the outer cable on +threaded the cable into 1 side of the brake

then over to the other side of brake

and back up the other side-use the same process as previous -again making sure outer sleaves as same length

and finally up to the other lever-pull cable tight +i used a g-sport nipple clamp to hold  cable in lever

once all tightened up you can use adjusters to get correct tension
forgot to say make sure you lube the cables well as you put together  :)
  if its on a new bike with a large hollow aheadsetbolt you could just have 1 cable fed all the way through +not have to mess about with cable stops  ;)

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 10:33 PM »
Cool! doesn't the outer cable popout of the lever you aren't using though?
I've seen a couple of bikes with both levers working the front....I think what they had were 2 completely seperate cables running through oposing arms and anchoring into both brake arms.  Each lever works as a stopper that way.

Are those Graveyard bars?
yes the ti minimal sweep ones

skidmark

Re: my khe lagger with twin front brakes-now with how to
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 09:31 AM »
Aha, so it's the same as the set up I had seen but modified to fit through a 1" bike....nice one!
Nice bars too 8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  my khe lagger with twin front brakes-now with how to

gfxgfx
gfx gfx