gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 09:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Sacrilege??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sacrilege??  (Read 1570 times)

sam hudson

Sacrilege??
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:54 PM »
I am tentitively thinking about selling the ride that I have had since it was new in 1985, my Aero Pro Team Burner.  :shocked:

The rationale behind this is that I never ride it (even though it is really quite fast for an old bike) and I want to upgrade my 2005 PK Ripper (even though there is nothing wrong with it) which I do ride and want to ride competitively.

Semi-foolishly, I recently bought a 2009 Looptail Quad which is beautiful but is likely not to be used too often as it is too pretty to get dirty (I know, I know  :Aresehole: ). I should have used the money to upgrade but didn't and to be quite honest, I rather like the Quad and don't want to get rid. (I will ride it).

I don't have room for all three bikes, my little lads 'Wildman' and two Mountain bikes (that the wife insists we have to have to ride in public like adults  ;D).

So, the thought is sell the 05 Ripper and the burner and use the cash to upgrade and only have the two BMX's.

Am I nuts???

P.s. Please try to refrain from the usual Burner insults, as its not big and its not clever  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Sacrilege??
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:56 PM »
you'll be sick if you do mucka.
i'd love my old bike back.
i'd never sell that in a million years for something that is ten a penny.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 01:01 PM »
As Dordy said you will regret selling it so much, I would just put in the loft :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 01:03 PM »
DO NOT SELL THE BURNER even though i hate the things,  if you sell it you will regret it for ever, you have had it for too long
wish i still had half the stuff i have got rid of over the years  :(

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 01:05 PM »
Don't sell it bud............you will regret it.....forever  :'(

I recently bought back my old Ammaco F&F's........ :smitten:

Sell your body on the town hall steps if you need to make a few extra quid  :D
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 01:11 PM »
Dude, if you don't want to ride one of them over-complicated unreliable mountain bike thingies in public then don't. Be true to yourself and ride what you want - life really is too short not to.

Keep the Burner, it's one of the proper race machines so it should be cherished as such. :Great_Britain:

sam hudson

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 01:20 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

I am sensing that you are not keen on the idea!  ;D

You are all probably right. I don't really want to sell it but we are tight for room and it seems such a shame for it to sit there looking at me. I don't have a lot of time to ride, so when I do its to try to improve my 'skills' (ahem) and fitness and not for...well fun... (you know what I mean). Perhaps I should take it along and give it a blitz occasionally.

How much blood do I have to sell to raise £400?? (I bet they expect you to just give it away nowadays  :) )

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 02:05 PM »
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 02:51 PM »

How much blood do I have to sell to raise £400?? (I bet they expect you to just give it away nowadays  :) )

I get £25 per go for research purposes (regardless of how much/little), all taxable so quite a lot of times to get £400!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Sacrilege??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx